Please help!! How do I....

1. Hello all. I am new to tPF and totally love discussing handbags with everyone. I have been collecting for a few years however, as the years have passed, my tastes have evolved. I have a few Coach bags that are in brand new condition and I want to sell them but I am one of those in the very small minority that has never used eBay. I know....unbelievable, huh? Anyways, I want to set up an ID and everything and have been reading this forum to educate myself and have run into a problem. I have noticed that many do not trust new sellers. How do I get around this 0 feedback thing? I know that many are wary of eBay and I haven't purchased from there for that exact reason...I am always worried about authenticity. How can I set myself up as a seller if I have 0 feedback? I do not want to do this consistently, only to rid myself of 3 or 4 bags. I am not willing to let my bags go for too cheaply in order to entice bids because they are authentic and brand new!!
    What do you think? Do I have any chance on eBay? Should I pursue it or is Ebay mainly for sellers who sell a lot of items professionally or as supplemental income? I've noticed that many have thousands of transactions. This will never happen for me. Should I just refocus myself on something like Craig's list? Or should I go to one of those stores that list things for you on Ebay and take a cut (since I don't have much to list anyways)? What do you think is my best bet? Thanks for taking the time to read this and offer your opinions. I really appreciate your help.
  2. i think that you should buy a few small items to get your eBay count up. leave feedback first then nicely ask the seller to leave it for you too. pay right away of course and after about 5, i might try to list a bag. also, communicate with your buyers. you could also sell some small stuff you have laying around the house to get sellers feedback. good luck!
  3. ^^ ITA.

eBay serves a variety of purposes. Sell a little or a lot: that's the beauty of the bay! I say go for it! :jammin: Good luck to you!
  4. Yep you definitely need your feedback to sell. It's a big way to tell whether someone is scamming you or not, and since we're buying online red flags are already so rare, so even if a new buyer did mean well, I would, unfortunately for security purposes, not buy.

Also I don't suggest selling a bag as an 'intro to ebay selling' item. It takes experience to see risks, to understand policies and to deal with certain problems and even if you asked this thread for help, it also takes confidence to get your message across which is hard to convey if you're new to it, so definitely sell a few other small things before. Good luck!
  5. I'm on the other side of the fence, I use an ebay selling assistant, I just write up the description & she takes care of everything else. This works for me since I don't have the patience to deal with all the stuff the potential buyers may come up with.
    She does take a percentage, but that is fine with me- I don't want my items anymore anyway.
    I just go pick up my check when she tells me it's ready.
  6. That's a good idea! I don't know what they're called where you live, but how they work here is they pick up your items and sell them for you. I used to do that but then I decided to give it a shot myself. I have to say... it hasn't brought me great joy or anything, and i'm fairly indifferent to it.