Please Help! How do I clean the white YSL Muse? Tips for cleaning white leather?!?

1. Just when I decide to keep the white YSL Muse I get it dirtied. I have tried Coach cleaner, however the marks are not budging. Does anyone send their bags to be cleaned? Or have a trick? Please help!

Thanks in advance.
  2. I have the olive (khaki) oversized Muse and it has water spots from when I got caught in a drizzle. Definately keep away from water if you have a lighter color, it will show! It looked pretty bad until I went into YSL and they gave me some stuff with a white glove for application. The water spots are still there but less prominent than before. The stuff the SA gave me is called Penguin Leather Lotion. My SA was suprised to see the water spots show so clear. Nevertheless, I ordered the RED and it will be here on Tuesday. The bottle says cleaner also.
  3. I am the proud owner of the white muse and absolutely LOVE this purse. I find the corners get dirty from everyday wear and use "Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes" to keep it clean. It's actually a car leather upholstry cleaner. My husband highly recommended the product. I hestitated to use it initially but it saved my Louis Vuitton Alma! I accidentally put it on the floor not knowing there was a puddle of water there and was devistated to find a huge water stain on the bottom. I thought I ruined the purse and was ready to throw it out. I called Louis Vuitton in a panic and the SA said there was nothing I could do but assured me that eventually the water stains would be camouflaged when the leather fully patinas. Well, I wasn't going to wait that long! So I tried Meguiar's wipes (I figured it can't get any worse than it already is). 99% of the water stains came out. I find the LV Monogram items are the most difficult to care for but this product seems to do the trick. I've used it on my White YSL Muse and the dirt easily comes off. The product states that it cleans, conditions and protects fine leather. I purchased the leather wipes from Canadian Tire in Canada. You can contact "" for the nearest retailer. Hope this helps.
  4. thanks for the tips. I wonder if the wipes can be used on my white color LV purse. I'll try and see.
  5. Also, if it is NOT patent and it is just grime, a light use of an artist's eraser usually works for me!
  6. Apple Guard leather cleaner works really well. I have a white downtown and after each wear, I wipe down the corners with the cleaner to keep it in pristine condition.
  7. I am using a leather lotion that was recommended by the YSL boutique - but honestly, it doesn't seem much different than anything else. Just be very careful about carrying the bag with denim. I find that for some reason, denim rubs off on the ivory muse I have - and the denim has been washed MANY times so I can't figure that out at all. I am careful not to hold the bag against my leg when I'm wearing denim.
  8. ^ I have the same problem when carrying white leather bags when wearing jeans. Just remember to clean the bag immediately afterwards to make sure the stain doesn't sink in and you should be fine.
  9. treat it to protect it from dirt and water (i like vectra) and obviously, be careful so it doesn't get dirty or wet in the first place (the best offense is a good defense). some people scotchguard their white bags but i find that it changes the texture of the leather. non alcoholic baby wipes are good in a pinch as it magic eraser for bigger stains. do be careful about being too vigorous with your cleaning -- the white color of white bags sits on top of the leather so it can come off and look worse than dirt.
  10. if i bought a secondhand ysl bag.. is it possible to bring it to ysl for professional cleanup?
  11. Yesterday, I found a Fushia Muse(I think that's the color)at our local Flea Market(Santa Cruz, Ca). Anyway, it had liquid stains all down the front of it, which is probably why it was being sold. I spent a lot of time looking online and found a solution that really works. It's a mixture of 2 cups of water and a couple of drops of "Murphy"s Oil soap".
    1- Wet a clean cloth in the mixture, wring out the cloth til it's just damp.
    2- Wipe down sections of the bag
    3- Follow with a dry cloth to wipe down the section(do this with every section)
    4- Allow the bag to dry.
    Did this last night, with morning you can't even tell there were water marks(I would suggest starting with the bottom of the bag to test)
    (The picture on the left is the before picture)

:yahoo:Hope this helps, I know it did for me
    Damage1.JPG 001.JPG
  12. Try to clean it with organic citrus based cleaner sold in wholefoods,this should work,or also try acetone free nail polish remover (on a small area first:smile:
  13. Thanks both so much, this question is always asked, THANKS !
  14. An eraser usually helps but you have to be careful not to rub too hard and damage the leather.

If it's a really bad stain send it to Margaret's in sandiego california!