Please Help!!! Diabro.net Disappoints!!!

PUMPS: Glad you are sending this back to them. I personally have not had a problem with any of my bags. Some people have, some haven't. Though I don't at all believe that this is a common thing that "just happens". I would not accept a bbag doing this. Regardless if other bbags have done it or regardless of how the bag is carried, they should not be coming apart as yours is. I can understand if the bag is a few years old and has had lots of wear. Everything wears out at some point. But not one that is so new. Those that are having bag issues have received flawed/poorly constructed ones. You just got a bad bag and simply need for them to exchange it for you. Period! Stand your ground and get your new bag!

Well, all I can say is that the fraying is common in my experience (every bag I have used has had it to some extent) - but ONLY after using the bag. That's why I would return it too because I suspect it is not a brand new bag (someone must have used it).

if you are returning the bag - tell them that you are insuring and declaring its full value at their expense- think of the worst case scenario... you sending it back, and bag getting lost or damaged - then you'll be out of money and bag. stand your ground on this, on the other hand.. they might be willing to give you a bigger discount as they don't want to get taxed for the full amount either when you ship it back, am not sure how much duty tax they will have to pay but it's quite high..... 20 %? - this is why you were instructed to declare value at $50 only. if they decide to discount it more - make sure it is processed as a "refund" via paypal and not as a payment to you- this way you don't lose additinal monies on the yen and dollar exchange rate. done this before with them and they gave me a sweet deal.

Hi guys,

With all yours fabulous insight and advice, I sent a reply querying what sending the bag back entailed...

This is the response received...

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding the damaged Balenciaga bag.

Please rest assured that we understand your concerns about returning the bag to us without some kind of assurance that we will definitely be organising an exchange or repairing the bag.

Sadly, due to the strange circumstances that we find ourself in, it is very difficult for us to make any promises before we have physically examinded the bag and been able to determine how and why the perceived damage has transpired.

Usually, we are unable to organise any exchanges or returns after such a long time has passed since the date of customer receipt. Also, as the bag has been used several times and the Diabro.net tag has been removed from it we find ourselves in a very difficult situation.

Please keep in mind that as the bag has been used by yourself we will be unable to sell it to any other customers at its full value. All of our items are quality checked before we ship them and we have never had prior issues regarding Balenciaga quality.

If you decide to send the bag back to us it will have to be under the condition that we will not be able to tell you how we intend to resolve the situation until we have inspected the item first hand. We are sure that you are not trying to swindle us and nor are we trying to cheat you in return. If the damage to the item is our fault then we will, of course, take full responsibility. As you have had the item in your possession for such a long time we must first decide whether or not we are liable for the damage caused.

Kind regards,

Larry"

I've emailed them back asking if I was to bear the cost of the delivery back should they decide not to refund or exchange my item.
I also queried if I would still than be compensated with the 10 percent offered, or would they at least have it fixed before sending it back...

SIGH.,.

I'm so frustrated. I don't think i will ever shop with them again....Evidently when things go wrong they try to claim as little responsiblity as possible and it makes it very frustrating..,. I dont even want a refund, I just want my bag the way it should it be after using it.. like what? 5 times?????

SIGH

As some have said, I don't think your bag is falling apart. The whites showing on the bottom of the bag is pretty common and the fraying does happen to sometimes, unfortunately. I experienced these with a couple of Cities I owned. They shouldn't get worse but I know it's not a very good look... Balenciaga should pay more attention to quality control.

It's frustrating to be in this situation, I totally understand. I experienced similar thing with Aloha Rag and a defective City shoulder strap, and went through the same procedure. I had the problem as soon as the bag arrived though and contacted them rightaway with photos. Although the photos show the defect, they still required me to send back the strap for inspection. They wouldn't commit to anything unless they have personally inspect the item. I was stressed about it, but looking from the seller's point of view, I could understand why they required to do that. It's not easy for them too, especially Diabro is a 3rd party seller. For us, it's a risk of purchasing from overseas really.

Now that you know that the whites & fraying happen to other bags as well, you might want to rethink if you'd rather accept some discount & keep the bag, or really prefer to return/exchange it... Hope it all works well for you!