Please be gentle in answering my DUMB question

Jennifer Marvin

creatrice
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
Can someone please tell me the definition of "Indie" (did I even spell that right) designer? I have checked the internet, and I still don't get it:shame: :huh: I mean, I think I get the overall concept, but is there a definition?:flowers:

Yup...I'm an Indie Jewelery designer because it's just little ol' independent me. I'm not sure when you 'stop' being an Indie designer...I know a couple who have hired employees because they've become so successful but they are still Indie. :smile:

CastoCreations said:
Yup...I'm an Indie Jewelery designer because it's just little ol' independent me. I'm not sure when you 'stop' being an Indie designer...I know a couple who have hired employees because they've become so successful but they are still Indie. :smile:

ok. So, if you design for brands, but you have your own brand too, are you still indie?

Jennifer Marvin said:
ok. So, if you design for brands, but you have your own brand too, are you still indie?

Honestly, I don't know the answer to that. My instinct would be no because you've broken out and are branching into the commercial world. But then again I could be wrong. It's happened a few times before. LOL :rolleyes:

There's a great website called Indie Finds that celebrates and promotes Indie artists. I'm a member and it is great. I've met some amazing (and talented) people!

Jennifer Marvin said:
Can someone please tell me the definition of "Indie" (did I even spell that right) designer? I have checked the internet, and I still don't get it:shame: :huh: I mean, I think I get the overall concept, but is there a definition?:flowers:

dont feel bad i just figured it out myself lol