Playlist for running/exercising?

1. I'm working on putting together a playlist on my iPod to listen to while I'm running, and I'm looking for suggestions. What are some of your favorite songs to run or work out to? TIA!
  2. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like to listen to loud punk and alternative rock when I work out. I've become quite good at air drumming while running on the treadmill :shame:

Here are some of my favorite bands that are on my iPod mini.

Reel Big Fish
    Alkaline Trio
    Strung Out
    The Lawrence Arms
    New Found Glory
    Autopilot Off
    Bad Religion
    Hot Water Music
    The Draft
    The Distillers
    Foo Fighters
    Less Than Jake
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Rise Against
    Strike Anywhere

Just to name a few! :p
  3. House music!! any kind!
  4. I like 90s and 80s dance music. It really gets me going. Just to add a little spice I add a few of the newer songs in.

Fergalicious has really been getting me going lately. I think the people in the gym think I'm crazy.
  5. Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Dimmu Borgir
    Nokturnal Mortem
    AFI [except newest album...dislike it]
    Smash Mouth
    any random 90s music
  6. I like to listen to people like Beyonce or Christina Aguilera, think of how great they look in the videos and that inspires me to spend extra time on the treadmill lol!!
  7. Basement Jaxx!

8. i second that! any type of vocal or progessive house gets me going.
  9. I love to listen to dance/club music. Like Cascada, Madonna, Supermode, ATC(A touch of class), etc.
  10. I like a mix of punk rock (yeah cristina!) and rap!! Right now I am listening to the new My Chemical Romance. One of my favorite rap songs is Missy Elliott's "Pass the Dutch".
  11. I love to go on shape magazines website...they always have different play lists that are different each month so it adds some variety to your workout playlist...
    here is the link Shape

also if you go on I-Tunes and type in "work-out" or "exercise" a whole bunch of different playlists that people have created will come up for you.
  12. Thanks for the suggestions!
  13. the donnas
    madonna's jump album
    gwen stefani LAMB album
    dead kennedys
    some of the more up tempo ani difranco
    there's also a LOT of girl pop in there (britney, christina, hilary duff mostly). i can't help it. it's up tempo.

there's also a podcast i like called "podrunner" by djsteveboy. there's a new one every week. it's pretty much house/electronica but all mixed at 130 beats per minute and above. definitely keeps your heart rate up.
  14. Please don't laugh at me girls. I only listen to Freestyle music when I work out. It's very high on energy and every song lasts about 6 minutes! So you can put together a pretty neat workout just with a few songs!
  15. Madonnas Jump album, is really good to workout too even if you're not a big fan. It just really get's you moving. Another obvious one is 'BodyRockers"-"i like the way you move" dunno if that's the actual name of the song but it should be!