Platinum E-ring + White Gold Wedding Band?

Contrary to what most people think, platinum isn't really white - the shinyness of a new piece just makes it look like it. After it patinas with microscopic scratches and dings, it's true color becomes more apparent (it's kind of a grey color). White gold isn't really white either, it's just yellow gold mixed with white metal alloys and eventually the yellow will show through with age. So come five, ten years down the road, your rings can and likely will be two different colors.

I would also be concerned for your engagement ring because white gold is harder than platinum is. Your wedding band would probably abrade your e-ring.

good to know, thanks! I hadn't considered the abrasiveness of the gold against the platinum.

I actually have a white gold wedding band and a platinum E-ring and I have not had a problem with them looking any different. The one thing that I have noticed that bothers me about my E-ring is since the platinum is a softer metal, it dents a bit easier. Just my two cents :smile: