PISSED bought shirley bag from LV dealer all things wrong r/o/p

1. i got a shirley bag yesterday from LV and the bag i got doesnt match the description on vuitton.com please read on for my correspondance with LV and give me some advice please please.

Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for your visit on our web site and your
    interest in Louis Vuitton.

The fact that you have purchased from an authorised store managed
    directly by Louis Vuitton (as are all our International locations) is
    the certification that you have purchased an article conforming to our
    specifications and standards. We would suggest that you contact the
    Thessaloniki location for any futher clarification.

We are looking forward to your next visit on our web site,

Yours sincerely,

My reply :

Dear Madam,

I understand that all items sold at LV dealer meet the appropriate standards,

I would specifically like to know whether authentic Shirley bags exist with one compartment, no `made in France` indication on the S lock clasp as portrayed on www.vuitton.com. Moreover i would like to know whether the LV brand logo is located on the signature metal plate inside the bag or if is engraved on the inside fabric. Furthermore i would be really interested in locating the bags serial number if there is one.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Should i call them ? my local dealer could not answer my questions above so i considered calling LV france or USA.(i got it in greece)

i am so sad about this , i really want to enjoy my bag and would hate it if i have been ripped off or given a really old model while paying full price. :sad:(
  2. what is your issue with the bag you go ? Does you bag not look the same ?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

n the spirit of the Spring/Summer 2005 show, Louis Vuitton presents a fresh new model in the Monogram Multicolore canvas. The design is original, young, and pure, and underlined by trademarks of the Louis Vuitton know-how: fine golden finishes, saddle stitching, and the natural cowhide trim.
    • Monogram Multicolore canvas with natural cowhide trim and golden metal hardware
    • Monogram Multicolore is a creation of Takashi Murakami for Louis Vuitton
    • Ruby alcantara lining for white; mole alcantara lining for black
    • Long, thin natural cowhide shoulder strap
    • Natural cowhide fold-over tab closure with redesigned golden press S-lock
    • 11.8" x 5.1"
  3. ^^ also you need to understand that NOT all items look identical to the ones on e-lux or lv site. most of the pictures were proto types.

4. yup i agree like the my manhattan, it looks really different with the one on the LV site and also with the UMA thurman LV ad. I'll try to post pix later.
  5. [​IMG]

6. i know this is not pix of MC shirley but this pix shows that the one from LV site, Uma thurman LV ad and my manhattan looks really different from one another(i got the bag from LV store and sure is authentic) Goodluck but if you're ot happy ith your purchase you can always return and get somethin else.
    manhattan pm.jpg uma.jpg manhattan.JPG
  7. Can you post pics of your shirley, what is the problem with the bag. I got one from Lv and it looks like the picture (above)
  8. Posting pictures of your Shirley would help us a lot!
  9. I see what you're saying. if you look closely at the stock pic. you can see where it says made in France on the S-Lock and Louis Vuitton on the top clasp (i thinks thats the word for it)

Here, I even took a screenshot of it from vuitton.com

10. And your claps are missing the engraving of made in france and louis vuitton?
  11. [​IMG]
    that pic from the vuitton site is just like this one...

Hmmm this is the o/p first post.. no pic's only a note.
    I have a feeling this is spam. Or op/er bought a fake.
    this isnt bought from louis vuitton or Elux.
  12. edit: i confused myself haha

but imstarting to lean towards op's bag being fake and when she meant by lv dealer, she means lv "dealer"
  13. I found those pic's on let-trade.. to post as reference that there is engaving there. if you enlarge the pic the engraving is very clear.
  14. From what I understand, the LV site WILL alter the pics deliberately because of the counterfeiting problems. Counterfeiters very often refer the website to try and copy every detail of a handbag.

For example, the pics they have for the denim speedy case pm shows the monogram placement incorrectly (the one IRL has 2 LV's along the side, not one), and there's no yellow stitching on the tab in the pic.

Hope this helps!
  15. i'm confused, autheorized dealer but not LV?? If bags directly from LV should be authentic, unless it is bought from else where ....?