Pirate Master....it aint no Survivor!

1. anyone catch the premier of Mark Burnett's new brainchild?

Forced myself to watch it to the end hoping it would get more interesting and more exciting..but I must say..I'm disappointed. It seemed way to scripted and really a flop in my opinion. I think its a feable attempt to be similar to Survivor ..

Opinions? Comments?
  2. Oh god, this show was so bad. I'm a huge Survivor fan and was so disappointed. The only thing that might be interesting is watching the "Captain" degenerate into a raving lunatic from actually believing he's the captain of a pirate ship. He's already started to talk that way.
    I nearly killed myself laughing when he started his "The Big Dipper points to the North Star" speech, though...and the challenge was soooo boring.
  3. omg - it DID seem so scripted! And the "Captain" just seemed like he was over-acting at times too.

but I have to say, thank god that guy got "cut adrift"...he freaked me out. (he was a scientist and an exotic dancer...umm...random.)

sorry Mark Burnett...think you missed the "ship" on this one!
  4. I watched it last night. My boys ages 4 and 7 enjoyed it since they love anything that has to do with pirates, but I was not impressed. The only part that I thought was funny was that Capt. speach about the North Star and all that mumbo jumbo and then when asked, he could not even find the North Star! LOL. I also think that being the "captain" is going to get to his head..haha..

I really think that Mark Burnett is just trying to bank on the whole pirate hype which IMO did not work. :tdown:
  5. We went out for dinner last night and completely forgot about it. Guess I don't need to worry about watching it...based on your opinions.

Thanks for saving my time:yes:
  6. I used to love Survivor. It's become a bit predictable lately, but I still watch... I will always watch Survivor.

I too, was hoping that this new show might be as much fun as Survivor, but it's not. It's more Amazing Racy/Big Brother than Survivor.

This show has the most incredibly boring people. I don't understand the rules. I don't believe for one minute the contestants are actually sailing that ship, it's scripted... and I miss Jeff Probst.
  7. Count me in the minority here, but I actually thought it was pretty entertaining. I normally have zero interest in pirate stuff and am not even into the whole Pirates of the Carribean craze, but it was fun to watch and I think I'll check it again next week. The guy who got the first boot, John, is an "Scientist slash Exotic Dancer" :p I bet it won't be long before they declare mutiny on the Captain, who definitely seems like he'll let his power get to his head very quickly.
  8. Thought it was a fun watch also. Not your typical fare, but something a little different. Loved the Caribbean island scenes. I'm an island freak!
  9. I actually like this show too! I'm excited it's on on my night off!
  10. Did anyone watch last night?

I was shocked that Christian left. I am sick of Joe Don already. And that snake pit was crazy!
  11. I like this show but geez give a man a velvet hat and he goes all power mad