Pippi's infamous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

1. I make these all the time, and people are always asking me for the recipe, so I thought I'd share it with all of you, too.

In the past I've given this recipe to people, but wasn't as specific with the ingredients list, and they said that theirs didn't taste as good as mine, so I put exactly what I use in the recipe this time. Let me know how they turn out for you.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, cream together thoroughly:

1 c. softened organic butter (salted)
    3/4 - 1 c. organic cane sugar (to taste - I usually use 3/4 unless the chocolate is unsweetened)

Mix in:

1 tsp. vanilla extract
    2 large eggs

Sift together and add to the butter/sugar/egg mixture, mixing thoroughly:

2 c. flour (I use 1c. OG whole wheat pastry flour and 1 c. OG unbleached white flour)
    1-1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
    1 tsp sea salt
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (optional)

After the dough is mixed, add the following ingredients, one at a time, mixing well after each addition:

1 c. OG oats
    1 c. finely chopped pecans
    4.5 - 5 oz. (1/2 bar) of finely chopped Scharffenberger bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate

Spoon the dough onto greased cookie sheets (I grease mine with a little bit of OG olive oil) and bake for 12 minutes. Makes 24-30 cookies
  2. I was eating an oatmeal raisin cookie the other day thinking to myself...wouldn't it be yummy to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? :drool:
  3. I make them so often, I have the recipe memorized.:lol: