pill question TMI possibly

1. I have been on the pill for about 2 years and I have had break through bleeding once or twice from pill mistake blunders. Anyways, things have been so stressful that I have missed a pill so I took it the next day and I took one that same night. I had also missed taking them by about 1 hour for the last few days. Not good I know. I have never been late with taking pills, but with finals things have been so crazy.Anyways, I woke up this morning and I had spotting or so I thought. Throughtout the day, I have had cramps and now I have a period. The problem, I am 2 weeks early from my normal cycle. This really bothers me. I am always regular and also it scares me. My boyfriend and I did the deed, but with a condom. It did not break. Is it from taking the pill wrong? Thanks
  2. It could be, depending on the dose of hormones your pill has in it. Some of the milder ones will allow for period breakthroughs.

Your best plan for taking your pills so you don't forget is to make sure you take them at the same time each day. When I was on the Pill 100 years ago (actually, it was about 30 years ago) I would take them in the morning with my breakfast juice and coffee. I never forgot a pill. Some people take them at night, right after they brush their teeth or remove their contacts. With this in mind, (what time of the day you take your pills) make sure the container is in that area. (Keep them in your purse, bathroom cabinet, etc.) A little sticky note where you can see it wouldn't hurt either! I know young folks are really busy.

You can also set the alarm on your cell phone to go off at a certain time to remind you to take your pill too. I have done that more than once.
  3. I'm on ortho tri cyclen lo if that makes any difference at all.
  4. I'm on the same pill and had something like this happen to me too. You can read about it on this thread.

But I have other medical history so for me, it might be something else. But usually with orthro tri cyclen low, you do get spotting if you miss a day or two. sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt. it depends on what stages your hormones are in. hope that helps! if youre really scared, you can always see your doctor and get a pelvic exam. thats how i know there might be something more going on in one of my ovaries than expected. good luck, keep us posted!
  5. Sounds like stress may also be playing a part. I'd set up an appointment though, to make sure nothing is going on down there that shouldn't be.
  6. Thank you so much for your help. I realized that I had actually screwed up this month royally. I missed two pills so I had to make them up and also, I had been taking them later than normal because I haven't been keeping the time (which I'm normally good at) and also I have been stressed out. Between the three things, I guess I really messed up my cycle and I hope to have it straighten out by next month! I will get to taking my pill on time again starting tonight. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. Also, I think I will set my cell phone to do a daily alert for 9:30pm. If this persists, I will go and see a doctor too.
  7. Setting your cell alarm is a great idea. I have to take a handful of pills at night, just before bedtime. Problem is, my bedtime can be anywhere from 8 pm to 2 am or later. And a couple of times this last few weeks I fell alseep without taking them at ALL! Now I have my cell set to 10 pm, so even if I fall asleep, it'll wake me up.
  8. haha yah, i set my alarm too!
  9. It's either from missed pills, or, more likely, it's because the hormone doses in your pill aren't high enough.