Pilates reformer

1. I have a pilates reformer in my home studio and after a workout I sure can feel it. I have been a die hard aerobics girl for years though-has anyone had great success with pilates on a machine? I have been doing it a few times a week for six months and I think my muscles are leaner,but I am not positive.
  2. i have been doing pilates for a year, 3 times a week at a studio that has the reformer, the cadillac and the wunda. i also do mat programs. i have seen a tremendous, huge difference. just do the excercises and you'll see a big improvement.
  3. I do feel that my abs have defintely seen the best improvement,and I know that is an area I really want to tone without the whole 6 pack look. Thanks for the input!
  4. I have one but rarely use it. Great machine though.
  5. I used to have the one from Nordic Track(called the Reformer--don't know if they still make it). I loooved it. I had great results(used it abour 3-4x a week) combined with cardio 3-5x a week. I had amazing results. My abs were tighter and my body was leaner overall. I liked that I didn't develop big bulky abs, but a nice tight, lean torso. My flexibility and posture improved, too. I don't have one anymore(I got rid of a lot of my equipment during my last few moves), but that's one piece I plan on repurchasing and keeping this time.
  6. I have a Stott Pilates Reformer at home and LOVE IT! I still go to the studio once a week for a duet, but get on the Reformer whenever I can. I have found the Stott Pilates video/dvd's for the Reformer are really wonderful so you can stay on track. But I swear that hte Reformer is the only reason why my stomach is going back to my pre-baby stomach! I used it religiously before I got pregnant, and it really transformed my body. So I am a die hard fan. Let me know if you ever have any questions!