'Pig Rig' Accident Stalls Traffic On 60 Freeway

1. 'Pig Rig' Accident Stalls Traffic On 60 Freeway

INDUSTRY, Calif. A stretch of the 60 Freeway was reopened Monday after a big rig hauling live pigs overturned, killing some of the animals.

The accident occurred on the connector from the southbound San Gabriel River (605) Freeway to the westbound 60 Freeway at 5:10 p.m. Sunday, Officer Jose Nunez of the California Highway Patrol said.

Claud Emmett Martin, 58, of Show Low Ariz., was driving south on the transition road when he changed lanes and steered to the left, according to the CHP.

The pigs also shifted and their combined weight caused the big rig to overturn, ejecting about 30 pigs onto the 60 Freeway, where they began to walk around, the CHP reported.

The connector road and three right lanes of the westbound 60 Freeway were closed while CHP officers rounded up the pigs, which were placed into horse trailers provided by county animal control authorities.

Crews flipped the truck over and all lanes were reopened by 12 a.m. Monday morning.

Martin, who was not under the influence of alcohol or drugs, suffered minor injuries to his left leg and a cut on his left index finger, according to the CHP.

I got stuck on the 60 last nite and i was wondering wth was creating all the traffic. Hahha imagine all those poor piggies running around the freeway being chased around by walking pigs. :woohoo:>here piggy piggy piggy!
  2. That must have been awful for those poor pigs...
  3. Awww, how sad for those piggies. I hope no one was severely injured.

4. :confused1:
  5. I took it to mean the law enforcement officers.
  6. ^ How nice... :rolleyes:
  7. poor piggies. i love pigs!
  8. Yes the law enforcement. Hahaha..sorry my humor is a bit dry. When i told my dad about the pigs on the freeway, he asked me which one was it, the chp or the sheriff?

This is after he read some article in the chinese newspaper about law enforcement. The article states that 1/3 of law enforcements are good cops, 1/3 are bad cops, and 1/3 are criminals. lovelyyyy
  9. Can you imagine driving along and a pig seeing a pig flying across the freeway in front of you? "Honey, you know how you said you would buy me a birkin when pigs fly? Well..."
    Poor piggies.
  10. This makes me sick. It's not bad enough they were probably being trucked off to slaughter, actually they probably suffered alot less this way. :sad: either way...the injustice of it all.
  11. ^I know.

I don't find this story funny at all :sad: