Pictures of my new bow satchel - finally!

1. Hi everyone!

I felt like I had a whirlwind week trying to decide between the chocolate brown and smoke grey bow satchels.

I found a smoke grey at a local boutique near my parents' place in NJ, but was torn about ordering it because the SA said that there were two "imperfections" on the tote. While she was offering it at 10% off the retail price, she could not forward a picture (no camera) and it would be a final sale. So, I decided to let is go and order the chocolate from Net-a-Porter.

However, I received the chocolate on Friday, and when I got home, noticed that it also had an imperfection! I've attached pictures below, but there is a part on the front part where the straps are that looks like the "sheen" was rubbed off. You can see it in the first picture that I've attached - one side is noticeably darker and less glazed than the other.

Luckily, I made the trip from DC to NJ to visit my parents, so I decided to go to the boutique to see the smoke grey. There are two spots on the back of the tote where the coloring has rubbed off a bit. I really loved the color, and since the imperfections were on the back of the tote, I decided to take the plunge. I figure that at some point, I can try to see if I can find a leather "dyer" locally, but it's not urgent.

Thanks again for everyone's input this week. I've posted pictures of both colors for reference. The chocolate is going back to NAP this week.

The three pictures attached to this post show the imperfections on each color - with the smoke grey, you can see the discoloration near the ring and on the right side near the rolled seam.
  2. I'm did not attach. Trying again...
    Picture 378.jpg Picture 379.jpg Picture 391.jpg
  3. Pictures of both satchels...

I have a Vera Bradley make up bag inside that contains my LV agenda, blackberry, cell phone, Longchamp coin purse, keys, moisturizer, and metro card. There is also a small umbrella and book in the satchel as well.
    Picture 375.jpg Picture 377.jpg Picture 384.jpg Picture 385.jpg Picture 387.jpg
  4. yaaaaaay! I think you made a perfect choice, the little off spots on the grey are really minor, completely worth it over not having the bag at all.

5. Modeling - I am about 5'3" and 112 pounds...
    Picture 383.jpg Picture 392.jpg Picture 394.jpg
  6. Yes, the smoke grey is beautiful!
    Congratulations, it looks great on you!
  7. i love your bag. shes a beauty :yes:
  8. i really like this bow's gorgeous!
  9. congrats! the grey is really pretty! :tup:
  10. congrats on your new bag, she's a beauty. Enjoy it!
  11. Congrats!
  12. smoke grey looks gorgeous...congrats
  13. The Smoke Grey is a gorgeous colour, congrats.
  14. Wow! I always love looking at bows....:love: makes me feel so lucky to have one too!
  15. beautiful bag!