*PICS* Marc Jacobs F/W 2007 Ready-To-Wear - NY

1. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG]

Models wear clothes from the Marc Jacobs 2007 fall collection at Fashion Week in New York, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

2. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG]

Marc Jacobs walks the runway after showing his 2007 fall collection at Fashion Week in New York, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

3. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG]

Models wear clothes from the Marc Jacobs 2007 fall collection at Fashion Week in New York, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

4. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Wow lots of hats , very 30's nice nice I wonder what the bags will be like? Thanks baglover keep us informed.

6. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG]

A model wears clothes from the Marc Jacobs 2007 fall collection at Fashion Week in New York, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

7. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG]

Actor Harry Connick Jr.and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, second from left, attend Marc Jacobs show during New York Fashion Week, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Dima Gavrysh)

10. -----
    (source: Associated Press)
    Slim shapes and shine seen on NY runways

By SAMANTHA CRITCHELL, AP Fashion Writer

There's more classic tailoring on the New York Fashion Week runways than in recent memory and there's also a lot of shine. Designers are still making the case that fall is about chunky knit sweaters, but they have slimmed down the overall silhouette after a few seasons of over-the-top volume.

"There's a lot of suiting, which is terrific, and a return to great tailoring," Nicole Fischelis, fashion director of Macy's East, said Monday from the front row at Carolina Herrera. "There's also a lot of day to evening, and evening to day. They're active clothes for a real lifestyle."

Fashion Week, attended by retailers, editors and stylists, continues through Friday.

• Marc Jacobs: This is what the fashion crowd was waiting for: a definitive sign that the shape of fashion will be different next season.

More than any other American designer, Marc Jacobs is the bellwhether, and he treated his beyond-capacity crowd to long, lean clothes that were devoid of gimmicks but still had sparkle, thanks to several sequined pieces. Models, including Shalom Harlow making a rare appearance on the runway, wore 1920s-inspired hats to complement pleated shirtdresses that went below the knee and menswear-style vests and narrow-leg — though not "skinny" — pants. There was more than one jumpsuit, too, and while they normally look either dated or incredibly difficult to pull off, Jacobs' navy one covered with subtle embroidered bows actually worked.

(The jury is still out on the decision to put stirrups on the bottom of most pants.)

Eveningwear was either tailored tuxedos, or dropped-waist or draped dresses, with a teal strapless velvet gown with an oversized bow at the bustline as his finale piece.

Jacobs did tap into some already-emerging trends, including using teal and berry against a backdrop of gray, navy, beige and winter white, as well as mixing textures, almost ensuring that those looks will take off.
    -----
    MERCEDES-BENZ FASHIONWEEK : Fall 2007 ....

11. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG]
    Singer Joss Stone attends the Marc Jacobs show during New York Fashion Week, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Dima Gavrysh)

[​IMG]
    Singer Lenny Kravitz attends the Marc Jacobs show during the Fashion Week, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007 in New York. (AP Photo/Dima Gavrysh)

[​IMG]
    Singer Rod Stewart attends Marc Jacobs show during the Fashion Week, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Dima Gavrysh)

12. (source: Associated Press)

[​IMG]
    Model Helena Christensen attends Marc Jacobs show during the Fashion Week, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Dima Gavrysh)

[​IMG]
    Editor-in-chief of U.S. Vogue Anna Wintour attends Marc Jacobs show during New York Fashion Week, Monday, Feb. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Dima Gavrysh)

13. Thanks, bag.lover, for this thread, I just saw the collection pics on style.com. I found myself more interested seeing the RTW moreso than the bags (though I've never even bought designer RTW...good lord, I'd be super-broke!:rolleyes: ) There was only one bag I kinda liked, but it seems like it's croc-stamped leather, which I have mixed feelings on.

[​IMG]

Courtesy of style.com

14. (source: style.com)

Marc Jacobs
    [​IMG]
    Photo: Marcio Madeira

15. (source: style.com)
    Photo: Don Ashby & Olivier Claisse

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]