pics and verbage copied!!

1. I know this has happed to a few other people, but just checked to see if my listing was up and noticed someone had copied my pictures of my last listing and half of my verbage!! I'm not happy:cursing: !!

Curious to know if anyone has ever emailed these people?

I also remember reading on a thread a while ago about how you could block people from copying your listing. If anyone still has that info. that would be great!!

Thanks

2. One way to block people from copying your pics is to "watermark" them--in other words, put your seller name on the pics so that they are less attractive for other sellers to steal. I do this with all of the bags that I sell.

Also, you can report the person who has stolen your words and/or your pictures. All you need to do is go to the bottom of their auction listing and click "report this item." Select "copying of your listing" and then the option that someone stole your pictures or words. Then report them. You will also need to provide eBay with the item number for your listing from which they stole the pictures or wording. eBay will remove their listing, so hopefully that will be frustrating enough for them that they won't do it again.

I don't think I would e-mail them because you might just prompt them to try and retaliate against you. Better to just report them and let eBay give them the smackdown, which they will.

3. It was probably my thread that you saw. Paste this into the html box on your auction, it's not foolproof but it will block most of those thieving idiots that don't know how to circumvent it:

<td><script language=JavaScript>
    <!--

//Disable right click script III- By Renigade (renigade@mediaone.net)
    //For full source code, visit Dynamic Drive DHTML(dynamic html) & JavaScript code library

var message="";
    ///////////////////////////////////
    function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
    function clickNS(e) {if
    (document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
    if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
    if (document.layers)
    {document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
    else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
    // -->
    </script></td>

4. Thanks for your help, I'm gonna put the html in now!:yes:

5. Also, at the bottom of their listing, you can report this listing. If you click on the link, you can choose that they copied your auction/pictures and then click on e-mail us. It will notifiy ebay and if there is enough time they will (hopefully) end the other auction.

6. I've sold on eBay for almost 7 years and I can't even begin to tell you what troubles I've gone through to protect my pictures and descriptions.

7. ooh i'm so sorry to hear that :sad:
    i think u have to make sure you watermarked your photos before put it on ebay.
    and make sure, you put the watermark in the middle, so they can't crop it!

8. That's horrible. I agree with the others about watermarking.

9. report report report!!! i have heard of people who email the sellers and say they're going to invoice them for using their stuff- and some who have- and they sometimes pay or sometimes change the pics. i don't know if that would really work. lol. i usually just report but sometimes i email. the last one who did that i emailed and told her i was going to report her unless she changed the pics and she would be out all of her fees if ebay pulled her listing. she changed the pics in an hour. lol

10. I'd report this person. In future auctions you can watermark your pics.

11. I know this is a dumb question - but how do you watermark pics? I've never done that. Info appreciated!!:yes:

12. I use Adobe Photoshop to watermark, but it's definitely not worth buying just to use it for watermarking. I think I've heard others on here saying that you can use MS Paint to do it, but I'm not a Windows person, so I can't confirm. I've attached a pic of a watermarked photo of mine so you can see what we're talking about.

brownbag.jpg
  13. report it! and them! have you done it yet! that is MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Thanks for the info. on watermarking! I'm gonna try it on my pics tonight.

Litigatrix...love that bag in your photo..gorgeous!:yes: