Philosophy Skincare Products

I agree the smell of Hope in a jar is not great, but it was the only line of products that my Dermatoligist really liked. If the Hope in the Jar is to much moisture for you then there is one made for oilyer skin. My derm told me that I could break out for about a month because the Hope in a Jar exfoliates well and will bring out all the crap, it did, now my face is the best it has ever been. Thumbs up from me!! I also agree with the Present (Clear make up) better than smashbox primer hands down.

Okay, I just went and checked on the odor of my HIAJ and I don't smell anything out of the ordinary. I asked my DH to sniff as well and he said it smelled fine, too. Is there something wrong with mine because it doesn't smell??

I am thinking of trying out the "Help Me" retinol treatment cream, anyone here use it?

04762991101.jpg

I couldn't live without Philosophy's Purity. It is the best cleanser for me that I have ever found. I recently bought Hope in a Jar and I have to agree about the smell. But it does go away once it absorbs into the skin. I can only use it once a day otherwise my skin gets too oily from it. One product that I do not recommend is Handmade hand cream. It is just not a very good product. I bought a jar of it last week to try and I'm not impressed at all. L'occitane makes a better hand cream. But that Purity facial cleanser is the best Philosophy product in my opinion. I buy huge bottles of it on QVC and even the men in my family use it, too! They do make a good foot cream called Soul Owner. Great for getting your feet ready for summer. I really like their new fragrance called "Philosophy". I find it can be hit or miss with their products. The shower gels are nice, also.

I second the vote for Purity--best cleanser I have ever used--my mom uses it, too.

I also like their Purity face wash. I'm not in love with the Hope in a Jar because of the smell and I'm not sure if it's really giving me hope, but I like their on a clear day stuff because I have oily skin. The lotion really smooths out your skin before applying make-up. I also use the supernatural powder which works great. I like their lip balm as well and love their body washes! My DH likes reading all the recipes on the body washes in the shower and thinking about making Lavendar Poundcake and Vanilla Cream Puffs etc.