PFers missing in action -- remember these ladies?

I'm not a popular member on here and I mainly lurk but I could understand why members just randomly up and disappear. The more popular members post a lot of their purchases and may feel a lot of pressure to keep up the momentum. A lot of people aren't as well off as most would like to believe and could find themselves in crazy amounts of debt to keep up that high from making large purchases. Sometimes people may quit cold turkey to help cut addictions. You won't crave it if there's no exposure to it.

I'm not a popular member on here and I mainly lurk but I could understand why members just randomly up and disappear. The more popular members post a lot of their purchases and may feel a lot of pressure to keep up the momentum. A lot of people aren't as well off as most would like to believe and could find themselves in crazy amounts of debt to keep up that high from making large purchases. Sometimes people may quit cold turkey to help cut addictions. You won't crave it if there's no exposure to it.

This is a good point. ^

Sometimes I think people are here promoting a blog/resale business/agenda of some sort. Many do it quietly, within site rules, & continue as long as it benefits them--then disappear.
Another possibility--life gets busy & tpf isn't a major priority, if it's used just for fun.
Or, they develop other interests & move away from discussing handbags/fashion.
Whatever the reason, I hope missing members see how their interactions here have meant something special to others. And find joy in that.

I hope you will begin posting more of your thoughts throughout forums. They have wonderful depth & strength. :smile:

This is a good point. ^

Sometimes I think people are here promoting a blog/resale business/agenda of some sort. Many do it quietly, within site rules, & continue as long as it benefits them--then disappear.

Another possibility--life gets busy & tpf isn't a major priority, if it's used just for fun.

Or, they develop other interests & move away from discussing handbags/fashion.

Whatever the reason, I hope missing members see how their interactions here have meant something special to others. And find joy in that.

I hope you will begin posting more of your thoughts throughout forums. They have wonderful depth & strength. :smile:

Thank you so much. I've been a member here for years but I can't seem to find my place in any forum. I hope it changes because it would be nice to develop some friendships with others here. ❤️

Reactions: glendaPLEASE
^^ Seriously, it's like a junior high lunchroom in here sometimes the way people are always slinging stuff at each other.

I read threads in several sections here where I never post (designer threads, health threads, selling/shopping threads, etc.) and I don't think there's a section here where I haven't seen it at one time or another.

It's petty.

^what??? Junior High never ends? Arghh...........

Seriously, many members have helped me (without their knowledge, probably) with their wisdom and experience. When I feel I have something to add, I try to do it kindly. I've seen what amounts to hazing but that was years ago. I guess I'm just not in those threads these days.

Jasmine K., it is possible to make close friends here. I have made some truly beautiful friendships here that have lasted many years so far; some are in real life and some are only online due to distance. I hope the same happens to you.

^what??? Junior High never ends? Arghh...........

Seriously, many members have helped me (without their knowledge, probably) with their wisdom and experience. When I feel I have something to add, I try to do it kindly. I've seen what amounts to hazing but that was years ago. I guess I'm just not in those threads these days.

Jasmine K., it is possible to make close friends here. I have made some truly beautiful friendships here that have lasted many years so far; some are in real life and some are only online due to distance. I hope the same happens to you.

I'm just seeing this but thank you so much. ❤️ I guess the first step would be to become more active. I'm only on here when I'm bored.

Every year is getting shorter; never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.

Thank you so much. I've been a member here for years but I can't seem to find my place in any forum. I hope it changes because it would be nice to develop some friendships with others here. ❤️

I'd say poke around in the Celebrity forums, but tbh, it might rot brainwaves. I know. I could be the postergirl. I went from not knowing who Kim Kardashian's family was, to knowing that Kris JennerKardashian's mother was married for about a month way back, so Kim's 72 day fiasco with Kris Humphries seems like an eternity. That's why I lurk more too. I'm always sticking my foot in it. :smile: :supacool:

Just stumbled upon this thread and read it from the beginning.
I clearly remember the days where where we're only several dozen members and we all "saw" each other and chatted daily. And when Vlad and Megs interacted regularly with us.

Life happens. The forum grows. Priorities change.

I haves time where I log on to lurk daily and others when I never log in at all

I miss a lot of the familiar names when I have a period of relapse and dab back into the designer subforms. Lol

Reactions: Vlad and ms p