PF Members I Need Your Input!

1. Ok, I have been gifted with a custom made wall unit from my loving mother who cares that I have absolutely no space. This wall unit is going to contain my TV, maybe a desk, some drawers for clothes, and the best darn purse closet in the Baltimore area.

I need some suggestions on how I should situate my new wall unit. You are the people I trust since we all love purses. My purses are going to be on display for the first time in the history of my purse collection. I want to finally take everything out of the dustbags and boxes and have them propped up for all to see.

I also have some other accessories, like shoes and sunnies, maybe even a vanity, that I was to include in this unit. If I were to make a vanity, I just want a few separated areas for my make up to go in individually (eyeshadows in one section, blush in another, etc, etc).

So all of you that already have units, can you help me with some suggestions that have worked for you? Those of you that don't and just have some great ideas, please feel free.

I want this to be a team effort and I want to show you all step by step what's going on with my unit.

Thank you!:flowers:
  2. Hubby and I always refer to his private part as his "unit" so you can imagine the childish giggles I got from reading your post!

Okay, all kidding aside...I don't have a unit, but I am in the planning stages of turning our home office room into a walk-in closet room with a wall unit like you have described. The only thing I know for sure at this point is that I do not want my vanity any where near my purses, because I use Bare Escentuals Mineral makeup and the dust from that stuff ends up getting on everything. (I am very aggressive when I swirl and tap! *LOL*)

So I am open to ideas as well, ladies! Got a great idea for where hooks and little drawers and baskets and such need to be...let me have 'em!
  3. I use BE too. I'm not really agressive with the swirling though. I currently have a vanity (a makeshift one I made out of a little cubby that I used to keep in the bathroom and a medicine cabinet I bought. The medicine cabinet works well for my brushes, but I like to see what I'm using so I'm not using the same thing over and over again.

I have so much stuff, I promised myself when I moved I would become more organized.
  4. I don't have a unit but it would be lovely if you the purses were behind glass doors and there was a light. :yes:

Good luck!
  5. I'm definitely getting a light in there. I have my heart set on mirrored doors though.