PETA and HERMÈS

I have thought about this a while ago,and i am glad they are not targeting H and ladies who carry their bags.Its absoloutely a personal prerogative to wear fur,no one has the right to attack you because of it,let alone because of a handbag made out of animals skin!
PETA maniacs should be put away!

Please don't linch me.

I love fur. I understand that these animals are killed for their fur. Animals are also killed for their leather and some people eat monkey brains too.

When it all comes to it all of these animals are killed for something they have. Has anyone ever gone to a cow farm or a sheep farm? The way these animals are pushed around and treated is no different then the way other animals are treated in slaughter houses.

I will not stop wearing Fur coats. If I did I'd be a hypocrite because everything I wear was killed and ripped off some animals back. Honestly I don't let it bother me. I don't think about it.

Just my opinion.

Oh, please. What's the difference between leather, meat and fur? Someone should be lauded because they're too morally upstanding for a Chinchilla coat, while hanging a leather bag on the back of their chair in a steakhouse?

I work daily with cattle ranches-the animals are treated quite well. We have a choice to wear or not to wear fur, and NO ONE OF US should judge the other.

the main objection to fur for many people who still eat meat is that the animals farmed for fur are forced into small pens and killed inhumanely often. There are also so many alternatives to fur that it is not necessary in my opinion to wear fur. Sadly it is a status symbol but it just makes the wearer look older and larger. The celebrities who wear it are given it for FREE to persuade others to buy furs. Minks and other animals were not meant to be kept in small, dirty cages. They are social animals that have a natural instict to move around lots which is not achieved when penned up in the cages on farms

I live in Wisconsin and I am surrounded by dairy farms. While most farms are great little places, some farms have cows ripe with fungal infections/ring worm/ and stuck in filthy cramped barns in 100 degree weather. The life is of a cow sucks IMO. They usually walk around with 50lbs of milk filled udders, roll in their own feces, are branded, and many die in the extreme cold or heat.

Please don't linch me.

I love fur. I understand that these animals are killed for their fur. Animals are also killed for their leather and some people eat monkey brains too.

When it all comes to it all of these animals are killed for something they have. Has anyone ever gone to a cow farm or a sheep farm? The way these animals are pushed around and treated is no different then the way other animals are treated in slaughter houses.

I will not stop wearing Fur coats. If I did I'd be a hypocrite because everything I wear was killed and ripped off some animals back. Honestly I don't let it bother me. I don't think about it.

Just my opinion.

I agree 100% with Baggs:tup:

Please don't linch me.

Just my opinion.

You know we love you.

"Oh, please. What's the difference between leather, meat and fur?" -lisavet8

I´m not even gonna go there with this thread.

Honey darling, human being were not meant to be a slave of time, work, stress, and so on. WE were meant to be free, but we have to do something to buy Hermès, isn´t it?!?! Give me one good reason , why minks are usefull to the world, in freedom, they are also so ugly!

the main objection to fur for many people who still eat meat is that the animals farmed for fur are forced into small pens and killed inhumanely often. There are also so many alternatives to fur that it is not necessary in my opinion to wear fur. Sadly it is a status symbol but it just makes the wearer look older and larger. The celebrities who wear it are given it for FREE to persuade others to buy furs. Minks and other animals were not meant to be kept in small, dirty cages. They are social animals that have a natural instict to move around lots which is not achieved when penned up in the cages on farms

def. and why Peta didn´t focus more on dogs and cats abandoned, that ended being killed also... but not for fur coats!

Please don't linch me.

Just my opinion.

Are there any folks here in the H forum who are anti-fur?

I was a non-leather wearing vegetarian for several years during college...I finally stopped it completely because it's such a slippery slope. I.E., "you won't eat meat but you drink milk, you don't support animal testing but you have a pen on your desk that is from a company that tests on animals"...etc. It just got to be too much.

At this point I've just decided that I do what I can, but don't expect myself or anyone else to be perfect. I'm a vegetarian, I buy organic, don't wear fur, TRY not to buy products that are tested on animals, donate to spay/neutering programs, and adopt and foster rescue animals. It's all personal choice.

If I happen to wear leather I'm not going to beat myself up over it. It's part of our culture and ain't going away. I like to think that the animals and skins used in H products are well maintained, because the quality of the leather must be stellar. I don't think that quality of leather could exist in a factory farm due to the overcrowding, poor feed quality, etc.