Pet Peeves

I had so much trouble ordering food with my name! I would say 'Caitlin' but hear Catherine or something. It finally got to the point where I just had to use 'Cat.'

haha i get that too, my parents put every letter in because they thought it would be easier for people to say phonetically (sp?), but no. i get Karen, Corinne (said Kor-een), CoryAnn, etc. its kind of funny, i'll answer to just about anything now :yes:

When I worked in the junior's department I helped a customer (who looked like a teenager). She was with her mother and baby daughter. Her baby daughter's name was Briteni.

I know there's no 'right' or 'wrong' way to spell a name but there should be! Briteni is wrong! It should be either Britney, Brittany or Britteny!

If you want to get technical about it, 'Caitlin' (with the accent thingies) is the Gaelic spelling of Kathleen. But then there's Kaitlin, Caitlyn, Kaitlyn, Catelyn, Katelyn.

I had so much trouble ordering food with my name! I would say 'Caitlin' but hear Catherine or something. It finally got to the point where I just had to use 'Cat.'

My mother really liked the name Siobhean but I think she stepped back on that one when she realized how difficult it would be to learn how to spell my name.

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

When my parents had my brother, my mother was filling in the paper that says what his name is. (His name is 'Matthew.')

My mom told me at the time she was worried she almost spelled his name wrong. (She originally wrote it like Mathew.)

I told her 'He's your kid! You can spell it however you want!'

people who gotta be perfect all the time pisses me off!!!! and especifically those who try to correct every single tiny mistake you made!!!!!!! and those who think they know it all.

People who walk right through the door while you hold the door open like a doorman! I expect the next person to put their hand on the door and say thank you or if they have their hands full, just say thanks and walkthrough... But I can't tell you how many times I wanted to tackle someone after I held a door open (so it didn't slam in their face) and they walked on and left me holding the door and didn't say anything!!!! :rant: :censor:

Ok... i feel better. Thank you for this thread.

I just thought of another one. I hate the holders for sunglasses in department stores. I feel bad knocking them off the holder, but its almost impossible not to!

I hate driving in a mall parking lot, and people run in front of your car or wave you through like, "It's okay, you can go!"

It's like, 'My car outweighs you by like 1000 pounds! I could run you over in about three seconds and YOU'RE waving ME through?'

People who have a runny nose and snorting it back down their throat.

People who walk in groups and take up the whole path.

Messiness in the office.

Someone who lets out gas in a confined space.

^ or when friends always have some friend of a friend who would just be "perfect" for you...and they want to know if they can hook you both up because you both are obviously so compatible.

no. please allow me to deal with my own love life. you are also single, so what do you know about a relationship?!

I would imagine it would piss married couples off when people ask if they're trying for children yet.

That's straight up asking about their sex life! (I guess it would be different for a couple who, for them, 'trying' means IVF.) I would think couples would keep that information to themselves until they're actually pregnant.

I would imagine it would piss married couples off when people ask if they're trying for children yet.

That's straight up asking about their sex life! (I guess it would be different for a couple who, for them, 'trying' means IVF.) I would think couples would keep that information to themselves until they're actually pregnant.

We use to get comments like that all the time!!!!

Now it's " So, when do you plan to have another child? You should do it now so there isn't much gap between your children's age.":wtf:

Now it's " So, when do you plan to have another child? You should do it now so there isn't much gap between your children's age.":wtf:

so rude!

totally off topic but my sister is about a decade almost, younger then me. that taught me a lot, having to care for a younger sister. i would walk her to school. i would help out with the fund raiser, etc.

that freed up a lot of time for my mom.

and it made me grow up, just a little faster.