Pet Peeves

sort of going with an above post...if you're dealing with someone who doesn't speak your language, SCREAMING at them is NOT going to make them understand you. (was at the courthouse getting my passport and the people in front of me spoke very little english. so the lady just decided to talk LOUDER and maybe, magically, they'd understand her hick english).

people who look at something you have (like a digital camera or somethign) and say, "oh i have that one, but mine is new/better/faster/smaller one" and have that superiority thing...

high schoolers at the mall who act like freaking idiots.

I hate when people throw their dirty napkins on their plate or put them in their cup after theyre done. i think its gross, and i dont really know why.

When I or my boyfriend holds the door for someone who dosnt say thank you. If he's holding the door and someone dosnt say it, i then walk thorough and say as loud as i can 'THANK YOU ANDREW!' to make sure they hear it.

when people just dont understand (or dont care about) the merge pattern while driving. if people just followed this rather than trying to get ahead, traffic would move much more smoothly. grrrr

Here's mine:

1. Guys (and it is mostly guys) who hack loogies on the sidewalk when people are in close proximity. ICK!

2. People who criticize my food when I'm eating it ("Eww.. that looks disgusting.." or something like that).

People who spit in the street
People who pick their teeth/nose in public
Tradesmen who try and put one over on you because you are a women (Just read that meant who try and get more money out of you)
People that talk down to you
Chewing Gum stuck in all sorts of places

sort of going with an above post...if you're dealing with someone who doesn't speak your language, SCREAMING at them is NOT going to make them understand you. (was at the courthouse getting my passport and the people in front of me spoke very little english. so the lady just decided to talk LOUDER and maybe, magically, they'd understand her hick english).

so wrong... I hate it!

People who get annoyed with you and then call you "Sweetie, Honey," etc.

On that same note, people who call you that when they don't know you, and they don't know how you'd react.

Example:

"Hi! Are you looking for anything in particular?"
"I'm just browsing, Sweetie."

when you're greeting someone (say you work in retail) and you say a friendly hello...
people look at you... and then turns around and continues walking :cursing:
is it that hard to make a simple smile or even a nod of acknowledgement?

when you're greeting someone (say you work in retail) and you say a friendly hello...
people look at you... and then turns around and continues walking :cursing:
is it that hard to make a simple smile or even a nod of acknowledgement?

That's SO rude! I always say hello - we're all just people!

I thought of another one - self-flushing toilets. Why do they ALWAYS flush while I am STILL ON THEM??? It's disgusting!!! And the automatic faucets, my hands must be invisible... they only go on once I move to the next one. HATE those.

That's SO rude! I always say hello - we're all just people!

I thought of another one - self-flushing toilets. Why do they ALWAYS flush while I am STILL ON THEM??? It's disgusting!!! And the automatic faucets, my hands must be invisible... they only go on once I move to the next one. HATE those.
:roflmfao:

I hate that too.

I also have to add that it annoys me when people...esp men ignore that I'm having a hard time holding the door and maneuvering my baby's stroller at the same time.. Chivalry is indeed dead. They pretend not to see me... Like it's so much hassle to hold the door:rant:

:roflmfao:

I hate that too.

I also have to add that it annoys me when people...esp men ignore that I'm having a hard time holding the door and maneuvering my baby's stroller at the same time.. Chivalry is indeed dead. They pretend not to see me... Like it's so much hassle to hold the door:rant:

:yes: YES! I can't believe I forgot that! So much so, that whenever someone DOES hold the door for me, I feel like hugging them! I totally shower them with thanks. And for the record, when I go out w/o baby - I go out of my way to hold doors for women with baby strollers or people in wheelchairs. I mean - come on, a little courtesy!

:yes: YES! I can't believe I forgot that! So much so, that whenever someone DOES hold the door for me, I feel like hugging them! I totally shower them with thanks. And for the record, when I go out w/o baby - I go out of my way to hold doors for women with baby strollers or people in wheelchairs. I mean - come on, a little courtesy!

Me too!! :biggrin:

^ I always hold doors open for women with strollers too! and holding the door open for anyone, not getting a thank-you is so rude, I feel like closing the door on their FACE!!

1) People who text on their cellphones 24/7. If it was THAT important you would call the person. Hearing that little typing noise at a rate of 100 a second makes me want to slap the phone out of that person's hand. LOL, not that I ever have or would.

2) People who feel the need to smother everything they eat in salt/pepper/ketchup/mayonaise/ranch sauce etc.

3) Women who are so incredibly possesive over their boyfriends & likewise.

4) People who wear flip-flops in the MIDDLE OF WINTER.

5) Girls who give you an insult but try to make it seem like a compliment when it's so obvious it's an insult.