Pet Lovers in Southern CA!! *please read*

1. I received this email from my brother.

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif] Please be advised that Huntington Beach Humane Society is closing down for good on January 8 and ALL PETS MUST BE ADOPTED OR THEY WILL BE EUTHANIZED.

The shelter is not publicizing this very well (probably for fear of the bad publicity) so we need to spread the word. Please share this information with other animal lovers in the hopes that more animals will be adopted from there. If nothing else, maybe your funds can help move them to another humane facility ... like in Irvine or San Clemente . The shelter is 'selling' the dogs for 50% off to move them out.

PLEASE SAVE THE LIFE OF AN ANIMAL.....THERE'S ONLY 7 DAYS LEFT. Even if you can't have one of your own, just forward this on to everyone you know and have them forward it on ... you NEVER know who winds up wanting and getting a pet!

If you feel moved, just get in the car and go down there and look - anybody you know need a belated Xmas gift? You just might find your (4 legged) true love there!!!

21632 Newland Street Huntington Beach , CA 92646
    Phone: 714-536-8480
    Fax: 714-536-4541
    Orange County Humane Society - Home

Best regards,
    Jeanette Ehrich

I can't have any pets at my apartment!!!!!!!!! My dog stay at my brothers house ......If I could I would adopt some more!!

2. bump
  3. awww that's so sad! I would think that if a shelter closes, nearby shelters would offer to take as many as they can for free.
  4. I would freakin think that too! Or atleast figure out SOME other way.

I would adopt the ugliest dog if I could. :crybaby:
  5. i am practiclly crying...i already have 2 dogs and i live in va....i hope they find homes!
  6. That's so sad. :sad:
  7. Do they have cats too??? I'll tell everyone I know!
  8. I will be there tomorrow to see what I can do..
  9. How sad! Cry~
  10. I just moved from Huntington Beach and I know where that shelter is, my daughter has been sending out myspace bulletins to the millions of friends she has on myspace also. Supposedly the shelters nearby cannot take the animals because they are overloaded also.

Oh and FYI, the ASPCA on Spring Street in Long Beach WILL put euthanize after a very short time. This is the shelter that Betty White endorses. I was a volunteer there for a year and I quit when they changed their policy. At times they were putting animals down who were there only a couple of weeks. It didnt matter the age.
  11. are u serious? :sad:

i have posted this on myspace bulletin too...

12. Are we sure about this news? I am somewhat connected to the rescue groups in the area and have heard that they are not closing down but doing a complete remodeling, etc. Their website does not say anything neither... Orange County Humane Society - News and Events Did someone call the humane society to make sure this is true?
  13. oh how sad! Hopefully they can find a solution!