Personal shopper question

1. When I bought my new sunglasses at Saks the other day, the salesgirl was very helpful. I signed up for the Saks credit card and she said I can call her when I am going shopping for something and she will shop with me to help me out. I have never done anything like this before. I think it would help to have the advise of a pro. Has anyone done this before? Is this something I would pay for? If not, would I tip and how much? If not - why would she spend the time with me? Please let me know what you think!

Also, I got the card because I read about how good it is on this forum so thanks for the advise! I am assuming that one point = one dollar for future spending? It looks like only the Saks MC card has the point system so hopfully that is the one I am getting (it is not clear on the temp card they gave me).

2. i think she gets commission on stuff you buy.

3. Yes, the SAs get commission from your purchases. It's good to have a SA that you work with regularly. They can assist with hard to find items, pull things for you and also help out with pre-sales. It's a win-win!

4. My SA is great. She holds things for me, sends things to me (that I can return easily, since she will sometimes send multiple sizes), lets me use my discount if it's a day late (or 2 hours late, like when a sale ends at noon), and calls/emails me. It is so helpful to have a buddy in the store! It was really the best over thanksgiving, when I came in before the holiday, she showed me what would be on sale and the price, and let me pick everything out so all I had to do was pick it up. I even got 50% off after xmas on stuff that was really 40% off, because she thought it would go to 50 and not everything did. She is wonderful!

5. Ok, that makes sense. I always wondered what people were talking about when they said "My SA"....