Personal secrets to great skin?

1. Aside from the general routines of moisterizers, sunscreen and whatnot, everyone's got their own secrets to looking young and fabulous. Let's share them!!! :yes:

Here's mine:
    A glass of lukewarm water with honey first thing in the morning, before breakfast. (Do not use hot water, because that'd kill all the nutritions in the honey.)
  2. For me, it's:

Gentle exfoliation every evening
    Sunscreen every day, without fail
    Anti-aging eye cream 2x/day
    All gentle products, no harsh, medicated ingredients
  3. I have several routines-Facemaster, Youthful Essence microdermabrasion, Chanel and Suzanne Somers skincare, and NaturaBisse mask. I have a prescription for cystic acne. I just started the Chanel Precision massage gloves, I hope they add to my routine. My biggest hint? Frownies-they are amazing at keeping the frown lines away.
  4. Sunscreen! But another important thing that money can't buy. . .diet and exercise.
  5. Stay out of the sun, and every few days exfoliate with white cane sugar, and every week or so, a mask, either Queen Helene mint julep or plain old pearl powder.
  6. After washing my face I put a moist washcloth in the microwave for 1 minute. It gets all steamy and I place it over my face and breath in the steam.

I started doing this when I used to get sinus infections. Then I noticed my skin started to look better. Now I just do it everyday and use the moist washcloth to help take off the soap after washing my face.

Kind of like a mini sauna in the morning!
  7. oil of olay moisterizer.
  8. Oooh, that sounds interesting. Might have to give it a try. :yes:

9. You drink the honey? What does it do for your skin? I've never heard of this, I'm interested:smile:
  10. That is a great idea, and it reminded me of a old pre-microwave era variation on that.

Put a big pot on the fire, and throw in whatever herbs you have around. When it boils, get a towel, bend over the steaming pot, far enough away so you don't burn, but close enough to get steam in your skin and when you breathe, then drape the towel over your head and the pot, and just breathe deep.

Your pores will get a power wash, and your sinuses will open up like roses in the springtime!
  11. Sorry, let me clarify, I only put like a teaspoon of honey into a glass of warm water. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I read about this many many times in Asian beauty secrets books, hahaha. :p I *think* it's supposed to cleans your insides or something like that...
  12. Once a week I have or give myself a proper facial, I try to avoid picking at anything, I use retinol-A sparingly on wrinkles/laughter lines and I am careful about fake tanning products which tend to cause breakouts on my face. Dermologica all the way in all my skincare too!
  13. I use Yasmin birth control. I actually get comments on how good my skin is. Of course, I use *intense* sunscreen and antiaging meds too (Tazorac.)
  14. Sunscreen!!! I exfoliate every 3 days. Drink plenty of water and never go to bed with make up still on. I also only wash my face in the evening and just splash cool water on my face when I wake up. This doesn't make it too dry where your pores would produce more oil.
  15. I am a slave to Isomers skincare from, chemical peels, photofacial, laser facial, Botox and Restylane. We're in serious prevention mode now.