Peroxide enemas in medical mix-up

1. Funny but not - ouchies brings tears to my eyes.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23142584-12377,00.html

From correspondents in Moscow | February 01, 2008

RUSSIANS visiting a health resort received a rude shock when a nurse used hydrogen peroxide instead of water to give them enemas.

Itar-Tass news agency today reported that 17 tourists in the Caucasus spa town of Yessentuki had to be treated in hospital after the mix-up.

Sources at the sanatorium said the mistake was caused because water and hydrogen peroxide look the same.

Hydrogen peroxide, which can be used to bleach hair, is used as a disinfectant but should not be ingested.

2. EW EW EW!!

I use HP on my open bedsores to help disinfect them before I bandage them... doesn't hurt, just bubbles up, but I imagine it's not the same strength?

How come the bottle wasn't marked???

And how come tourists came to want enemas while on vacation???

3. Now THAT's a good question...

4. OK Tourist, spa town, & sanatorium usually aren't used together. Maybe sanatorium means something different in Caucasus.

5. ^^ yep I want to know too...or do I?

6. Isn't sanatarium also like a spa? In the states we think, yeah, it's a place for fruitcakes, but I think in Europe it's more like a place to heal, detoxify, ect. That's the only reason I can think of for 17 German men to have had enemas!

Another thing... as soon as HP hits mucus membranes, it starts to bubble, foam and chage color from clear to white. Didn't the nurse notice that? I mean, I would think the foam would start to show at the opening of the anus...

Weird what people will do, eh?

7. OMG!!!!

Well it's not everyday you get the chance to have your inners literally bleached clean, value for money I would say! :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Serously hope, no lasting damage! Oh shoot why can I not stop laughing, Off to the bagnshoo club :roflmfao:

8. You think the nurse would have noticed one bubbly bottom pretty quickly....so to 'accidently' do it 17 times and not notice a thing.....hmmm kinky I think.

9. ^LMAO "Bubbly bottom"

10. Hey, I get bubbly bottom, just not in the same exact spot! HA!

I would also imagine it would really foam up good, don't enemas use quite a bit of fluid? And just what happened to them after they went to the hospital!

I WANT MORE INFO~!

11. Omg! the whole thing sounds very odd. The nurse managed to do this to 17 people before anyone realized it was HP?!

12. Didn't she think something was off when she saw the blonde poo?

13. oh good lord..."bubbly bottom"....i'm DYING! hahahahahahahahahaha that's hilarious!

14. There's such a thing as a barium enema, but that's only used if an x-ray of the colon is needed.

15. Argh.. I imagine sitting comfortably afterwards may be a challenge !