Perlabrina Tahitian pearl handbags--need feedback please!!

i agree with the assessment that the shiny metal takes away from the presentation of the pearl. a leather starburst or flower shape could highlight the pearl nicely, i think, especially one made of patent leather.

good luck!

I do agree that these bags are really nice, and will appeal to perhaps the 40 and older crowd......which would include me. They are somewhat structured for my taste, but I still like them.

Hi everyone, here are more pics of some other designs Sabrina has been working on. Check them out and give me some feedback. Also, we got our website up and running! Here is the URL: www.perlabrina.com

Everybag has a Tahitian name and is handmade in the USA (Los Angeles). And of course each bag comes with a mounted, naturally cultured Tahitian pearl straight from French Polynesia. Please let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Tepoe chocolate.jpg
    Tepoe chocolate.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Hereiti blue.jpg
    Hereiti blue.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Hereiti inside.jpg
    Hereiti inside.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Terava angle.jpg
    Terava angle.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Terava inside.jpg
    Terava inside.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 58
I like your line very much. I would most definitely buy the black bag..if it's within my budget, of course.

I also like the brown bag and I think the pink bag is darling as well.

I like the handbags, and think that some of my friends and mom would as well. The chains are a bit much in some cases. I think the brown bag with just the studs and the flower is probably my favorite, but I love the green colored leather as well.
And I loved the earlier idea from a previous poster about highlighting the pearl in a leather flower. If your line takes off maybe we'll see that.

Thanks for the opinions ladies, we are testing the idea of a leather flower as opposed to the metal Tiare that is currently on the bags. It definitely would be more cost effective.

Hi. I am a designer myself and I have a line that has just begun to take off. I'd have to agree with some of the older post. Maybe fewer adornments. I think you have a good idea with the pearl, definitely unique. Try not to draw attention away from it with all of the silver accessories. Maybe placing it on the main entry zipper pull or a leather bag tag or be creative with it and use it in the logo. For example, place the pearl in a tiffany setting and spell out the remainder of your line name "abrina," directly behind it. Just a thought. Oh yeah and good luck!!!

Just looked at the other pics. Definately like the blue clutch. Classy with just the right amount of adornment for a night out.

My thoughts on some of the other bags like the yellow one for example is that the flower makes it looks slightly juvenile but that depends on who your target market is. For the younger (13-16 set), I'd say go for it!

Maybe just the pearl without the flower? Makes it a bit more sophisticated to me. JHMO

I'm in love with these bags!! I would spend that money on a bag, especially the brown one. Someone mentioned that these bags will do better for 40 year olds.. I know alot of polynesian women in Hawaii and across the states of ALL ages that would love these purses!!! beautiful!!!
where can I get one??

Last edited:
I'm in love with these bags!! I would spend that money on a bag, especially the brown one. Someone mentioned that these bags will do better for 40 year olds.. I know alot of polynesian women in Hawaii and across the states of ALL ages that would love these purses!!! beautiful!!!
where can I get one??

my neice who's 19 and cousin who 22 years old say's that they would "totally rock it!! They are polynesian women and really appreciate your work. again.. we are tryin to find the website! email me x... aloha, hala

Last edited by a moderator: