Perfumes you bought and got sick of

Good to see I'm not the only one who has a perfume 'graveyard' LOL!

I have allergies... and I'm allergic to

- V&R Flowerbomb (so sad.... I really like this scent but it makes me sneeze and my nose run!)
- J-Lo.... that one with the 'diamond' around the neck

Got sick of...
-Ralph Lauren... the blue one?
- ESPIRIT... that colourful one

and quite a few more... I'm currently using 'Flower' by Cynthia Rowley for AVON> love this scent! My husband loves it too... I wore it the other day and he asked me if it was a fragrance I got from MYER and I said no its AVON (I'm an AVON rep. :smile:) and he's lke NOOOOO - meaning it smells too good to be that affordable! lol

I guess no one has mentioned it but, CURVE! I went through bottles of it like crazy when it first came out. Although I will admit that I like Curve Crush more.

I didn't buy it, but maybe this story counts anyway.

I smelled it on a co-worker one day, asked what it was.

It had just come out. It was the latest and greatest. Its name was

Amarige

I raved about it to loved ones.

The next gift-giving occasion, I received some. YAY!

I enjoyed using it a lot for several months, in rotation with my other perfumes but still had plenty left, because they gave me a HUGE bottle of the stuff.

Gift-giving occasion rolls around again. I received 3 bottles of Amarige.

Hmm, I thought. I was already using it with less frequency. It is a nice scent, but not that nice. I guess I will have to step it up, so much of that first bottle still left.

Another gift-giving occasion. 6 bottles of Amarige and a gift set. Apparently the word was out.

By this time, due to my having started to wear it more than I actually wanted to, I was kind of over Amarige, and still had over a third of the original huge bottle left, less than 18 months after I had received it.

I quietly presented the small local community org that assists ladies who are extricating themselves from abusive situations with 9 bottles of Amarige and a gift set.

I kept one tiny bottle of the perfume, in case I had a change of heart.

I needn't have worried.

Next gift-giving occasion. I receive 11 bottles of Amarige, 2 gift sets and a little satin case containing travel sizes of everything you can think of.

The social worker at the small local community org raised an eyebrow. I tried to explain. She shrugged, smiled, hugged. They are just glad to get it, no explanations needed.

On the next gift-giving occasion, I do not remember how many bottles of Amarige I received, but it was so over the top that shortly after that I felt compelled to do what I probably should have done sooner. Scratch that probably.

I let it be known that thanks to the love and generosity of loved ones, I now had a very good supply of Amarige, and was even interested in trying some different fragrances.

At that point, I had not used it at all for like a year. I did not want to, I could no longer bear the smell of it.

This time, the social worker who helps abused ladies start new lives asked me if I would mind if the org shared this magnificent windfall with a sister org in a nearby community. The ladies extricating themselves from abuse and starting new lives were also just a bit over Amarige, as my donations had caused the little secure undisclosed location to reek of the stuff.

Luckily, the next gift-giving occasion was, thanks to my strategically placed whispers, blessedly Amarige-free.

The original bottle, still a third full, still sits on my fragrance shelf, but only for sentimental reasons and lulz.

I have not used it for years, nor can I imagine ever doing so. I really can't stand it!

(Note: Although when it was introduced back in like 1990 or something, Amarige was initially marketed as a "high end" fragrance, and sold only in glittering "high end" department stores, today it can be found at your local drugstore, and probably Wal-Mart)

Last edited:
^^ I love that story :roflmfao:

I had something similar happen to me, I was obsessed with Vanilla Fields when it first came out and I had a relative get me a ton of bottles, I think my dad ended up using the rest of what I didn't use as air freshener for the litter boxes.

I'm sick and tired of my Chanel Allure! Good thing my mom really liked it, so now it's hers. Same with my Marc Jacobs, only that one went to grandma. Those, and for a while I became sick of my Bright Crystal.. but then I ran out of my beloved Stella McCartney and since I cannot absolutely live without perfume, I re-sprayed Bright Crystal and our love was renewed :biggrin:

Now, for scents I truly do hate:

-Davidoff Cool Water (my cousin still wears this after what.. 12 years?)
-Tommy Girl (same as above, but enter "roomate" instead of "cousin")
-Benetton's Tribu (can you say "ewwww"?)

Last edited:
I stupidly bought a big bottle of Davidoff Coolwater. I hate that scent. I wore it a few times (never out in public), and eventually gave it to my Dad.
I'm also over Curve for men. I do like Curve Crush and Curve Wave though.

Well I remember how much I loved Baby Doll (several years ago) and now almost get sick when I smell it! I liked Michael Kors and now hate it...you barely notice any of it's missing from the bottle.

I know it's not that expensive but I like Vera Wang Princess. I am only 1/4 way through the bottle but it's just a simple scent.

^^ An ex-bf of mine used to wear Coolwater, now every time I smell it I gag.

Is it the scent or the memories triggered by the scent that makes you gag? The only guy who ever broke my heart wore Musk Oil for Men (I'm old and it was in college). If I ever get a whiff of it, it triggers old memories and makes me happy and sad at the same time.

Is it the scent or the memories triggered by the scent that makes you gag? The only guy who ever broke my heart wore Musk Oil for Men (I'm old and it was in college). If I ever get a whiff of it, it triggers old memories and makes me happy and sad at the same time.

i bought my psycho ex some perfume that i still like the scent off. it doesn't make me gag. it does however make me sad that i wasted such a great scent on a stalker loser boyfriend. =/