Perfume I wanted to like but smells like crap on me...

Gosh, most of them. I must have some awful reaction to fragrances. I can count on one hand the fragrances that have been good on me, and the one I like best is no longer produced!

Ha - me too, boxermom! We must have high skin acidity or something. NOTHING smells good on me. I remember when CKone came out and everyone was wearing it... on me, it smelled like orange peel LOL

Nowadays, I just buy the bath/shower gel or I spray the perfume on my clothes, not my skin.

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. I loved the way it smelled in the bottle and on the little strips of paper at the fragrance counter. However, when I sprayed it on me, it turned into this weird buttery smell. I smelled like a bag of bag of movie theatre popcorn. I love popcorn, but I don't want to smell like it!

I'm so bummed... I've loved Fendi Palazzo since it came out, and I got a sample, which smelled great (really clean and sandalwood-y). But I bought a mini bottle, and it doesn't smell the same. It turns super sweet on me, so it's more like this oriental-fruity-floral monstrosity. Boooooo!!! :tdown:

I'm so bummed... I've loved Fendi Palazzo since it came out, and I got a sample, which smelled great (really clean and sandalwood-y). But I bought a mini bottle, and it doesn't smell the same. It turns super sweet on me, so it's more like this oriental-fruity-floral monstrosity. Boooooo!!! :tdown:

Oh boooo....yeah I am on the fence with Palazzo too - some days it's OK and some days it starts smelling like a weird soap-y something or other.

Thierry Mugler Angel smelled like B.O. on me. It's funny, because I sprayed the sample on me and immediately regretted it. Then I was at Younkers and a lady was at the fragrance counter inquiring about Angel. The SA didn't know what she was talking about (they don't carry it), so I chimed in and said it was Thierry Mugler Angel and I wrote it down for the customer. I mentioned that I was wearing it at the moment and she said it smelled good. Weird, huh?

Innocence by Thierry Mugler smelled fine on me.

I've wanted to try Palazzo. I love the smell of Nag Champa, so it sounds like it would be something I might enjoy.

I love the way Chanel No. 5 smells, but DBF's mom wore it, so I don't wear. I don't think he wants to get intimate with someone who smells like his mother. I wouldn't want to get intimate with him if he smelled of Old Spice (my dad and grandpa).

I don't think he wants to get intimate with someone who smells like his mother. I wouldn't want to get intimate with him if he smelled of Old Spice (my dad and grandpa).

I swear I'm not stalking you, ArmCandyLuvr - I just seem to keep coming across your posts in the Beauty Bar - but this just cracked me up. Again. Man, I am having a seriously giggly day.

I liked the smell of the Miss Dior Cherie sample I got, but it became overwhelmingly sweet on my skin. I really don't like warm/sweet fragrances, so that was definitely a deal-breaker for me.

The new one by Yves Saint Laurent (I believe it is called Elle - comes in a pink bottle). It smells soooo divine out of the bottle, but when I sprayed it on me - it smelled like bug repellant. :crybaby: