Perfectionists and H

1. The combo of the Times article today on perfectionism and the scratch on my Kelly got me thinking... how many of you would label yourselves as "perfectionists"?

All of the following seem to be intertwined with Hermes and perfectionism: high standards, appreciation for workmanship, "Never accept second best. Always be true to yourself" (snipped from the article)

Perfectionism <--> Love of H? Causation or coincidence?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/health/04mind.html?em&ex=1196917200&en=a24f9601292649db&ei=5087%0A

(Apologies for the armchair psychology... maybe I should go back to rubbing my bag!)

2. Um, yes, I too am a perfectionist which falls inline quite well with Hermes and the quality offered. But I really, truly wish I was NOT a perfectionist, particularly after seeing my 2 year old exhibiting the same "if it isn't perfect I will scream in horror" behavior. :shocked:

3. My grandmother (who lived a very happy life to age 89) had a wonderful saying that kind of puts lots of things in perspective - "It will never be noticed from a galloping horse."

4. I am a perfectionist to a fault! ...I got one A- in college on a test and almost had a heart attack! I did extra credit so that I could graduate with a 4.0!:smartass:

5. Unfortunately, yes, perfectionism is a trait that has caused probs for me, too, not in the least compulsive shopping disorders (lucky Hermes!) to find the "perfect thing". Cleaning, overwork, diction, you name it, it's there......my closet, shoes, handbags, especially Hermes stuff, has to be pristine. Germs.....yuck. I go through so much rubbing alcohol and bleach. My shoes and handbags are cleaned to military precision. But at least everything looks good, I guess.

My Christmas wish (at retail, of course):

Rouge Garrance 35 Birkin! Hook me up, Santa!

6. children do put perfectionism into perspective. After having my two little one, I am relieved to say that I have mellowed!

7. :drool:Oh My Gawd! Your closed is to die for! It looks better than a retail store.......much, much better, with all that Hermes! And those Suhali's, and Chanel totes.........

8. Amen. Seeing one's children exhibit all of one's own faults is horrendous and humbling. My fastidious five year old is terribly embarrassed if the car is the least bit dirty when I pick him up from school. Yet we live on an unpaved road, and it's the rainy time of year. I don't know what to do! But I'm working on helping him relax about these things.

9. I am, but I'm working on it ;) ...

10. Not even close, I'm afraid. I wish I were more of a perfectionist! I don't even inspect new bags before I throw my stuff into them and head for the door.

11. Quoting gazoo and RC:
    Um, yes, I too am a perfectionist which falls inline quite well with Hermes and the quality offered. But I really, truly wish I was NOT a perfectionist, particularly after seeing my 2 year old exhibiting the same "if it isn't perfect I will scream in horror" behavior. :shocked:

children do put perfectionism into perspective. After having my two little one, I am relieved to say that I have mellowed!
    ----------------
    Yes, this is definitely me...and I agree about the part about children...both the part about witnessing the OCD in my 4 y/o kid and the fact that I have necessarily had to loosen up a bit now that I have kids....

12. Yes, I'm a perfectionist. I'm not even going to try to deny it.

13. OMG, that is what I love about adopting!! When baby Rocker exhibits behavior that may be considered a fault, I just smile and say, "Well, I know she didn't get it from me!"
    Now with Rockergirl, it is a whole different story!!

14. Oh, thanks!...yes, and if that doesn't exhibit my obsessive/ compulsive, perfectionism personality, then I don't know what does!:p

15. Yes and no...some things (and people) I really care about, others not at all.
    But generally I'd say that I've become much less picky about many more things (and people!) than when I was younger. I realize now that life is too short to worry about every flaw, scratch, defect in everything or everybody. I don't try to fight every battle the way I used to.