Perfect V-Day dessert!!!!

1. I know there's already a Trader Joes thread, but I thought this was worthy of it's own....

Some of you ladies have mentioned that you're cooking Valentine's dinner for your SO. I just wanted to recommend a REALLY fabulous and easy dessert. Go to Trader Joes and look for the Creme Brulee in the freezer section. They come in a 2-pack, complete with reusable ceramic ramekins and they're actually made in France!!! They're amazingly delicious and soooooooo easy! You just unwrap it, sprinkle the sugar packet on top and stick it under the broiler for 3 mins.

Even if you're not looking for a V-Day dessert, you should still try it! It's so good!!! I've made my own creme brulee MANY times and I can honestly say that TJ's is just as good (and a LOT easier) :tup:
    creme brulee1.JPG creme brulee2.JPG creme brulee4.JPG creme brulee5.JPG
  2. Wow, I will have to go out and get this! My BF isn't a big dessert fan but he will love this! Thanks!
  3. ^ OMG! You have to try it! It's soooooo good. I've never bought it pre-made before so I had very low expectations, but this is restaurant quality! :tup:
  4. OMG I love creme brulee, you have no idea how much I could eat. :p My mom makes it every Thanksgiving or Christmas.
  5. Thanks for the tip! My bf loves creme brulee and this is godsend for me (as I don't bake at all)...
  6. Wow, thanks for sharing..looks great!
  7. claireZk, did you torch the top when you made this? :smile:
  8. ^No. I have a torch, but these come frozen so the directions have you put it under the broiler for 2-3 mins and then let it sit until it thaws. It's super easy!
  9. Ohh I got this awhile ago and it is indeed quite yummy! But does anyone else find it's a little bit too sweet? *DOH* I can just add less sugar!!
  10. ^ When I had the first one it was perfect, but the second one did seem a little too sweet... I like creme brulee best when you get that BIG contrast between crunchy and smooth, warm and cold, sweet and not sweet :girlsigh:
  11. safeway sells these too but I bet these are much better.
  12. creme brulee is my favorite dessert, Ive made it a few times. It was fun these look delicious!