Pepe vs. Goatskin (most durable)

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011
What would you consider more durable, Pepe or Goatskin?
I am thinking about purchasing a Mini Pandora to use during vacations, but I am not sure which is the best way to go. I am quite OCD when it comes to scratches, but I want it to be worry free at the same time. So should I go for Pepe or Goatskin? :smile:

Thanks in advance!

I would say pepe. Because it is crinkled it already looks distressed, so it would be less noticeable if you got any scratches on it. Also it's more 'waxy' so I think it is less prone to scratches in general.

Reactions: MrGoyard
I would say pepe. Because it is crinkled it already looks distressed, so it would be less noticeable if you got any scratches on it. Also it's more 'waxy' so I think it is less prone to scratches in general.
Thanks a lot for your input! I did read that it is prone to fading, is this true? :smile:

I've had my goatskin pandoras (mini and small) for a couple of years now and despite daily use, neither have any scuffs or scratches, there is a bit of stretching where the handles or straps join but that's down to it being heavy from time to time. Regardless, both are soft and supple, with a slight sheen (I do use leather creams and conditioners).
4 of 5 givenchy bags I own, are in black goatskin/sugar leather. The other is a printed tote.

I've had my goatskin pandoras (mini and small) for a couple of years now and despite daily use, neither have any scuffs or scratches, there is a bit of stretching where the handles or straps join but that's down to it being heavy from time to time. Regardless, both are soft and supple, with a slight sheen (I do use leather creams and conditioners).
4 of 5 givenchy bags I own, are in black goatskin/sugar leather. The other is a printed tote.
Thanks a lot! Sounds like both Pepe and Goatskin are durable.
Is the Goatskin leather on the Pandora the same as on the Antigona? :smile:

Hi guys, i dont know if its the correct forum but im really torn between pandora and givenchy. I wan to get both in medium. What are your thoughts guys? Ive been wanting to have pandora for a while but the popularity of antigona is getting, there must be something with the bag. Thank you for your response! :smile:

Hi guys, i dont know if its the correct forum but im really torn between pandora and givenchy. I wan to get both in medium. What are your thoughts guys? Ive been wanting to have pandora for a while but the popularity of antigona is getting, there must be something with the bag. Thank you for your response! :smile:
Please make your own thread, thank you. :smile:

Thanks a lot! I actually owned an Antigona for a while in sugar goatskin, which scratched fairly easily. Is the goatskin on the Pandora different?
Dont think so, but since ant is a structured bag, and therefore, leather is stretched over the surface, its more prone imo, to potential scratches. With a less structured bag, one that you can hug more to your body, is more malleable, imo is less susceptible. Kwim? However, everyone wears their bag differently.

I have a pepe Pandora and it's definitely durable! Goat is traditionally more durable than lamb/sheep though, so it might be good to keep that in mind. I don't own any Givenchy bags in goat, but my guess would be that goat is more weather/scratch resistant in the first place, while pepe is more forgiving when it comes to hiding blemishes, should something happen.

I don't know about fading since my bag is black, but I've seen posts around here where people say lighter colored pepe bags tend to change color a little bit. Not sure if fading is the right word, it's almost like a browning/slight patina? If you go with black there wouldn't be any color changes at least!

What would you consider more durable, Pepe or Goatskin?
I am thinking about purchasing a Mini Pandora to use during vacations, but I am not sure which is the best way to go. I am quite OCD when it comes to scratches, but I want it to be worry free at the same time. So should I go for Pepe or Goatskin? :smile:

Thanks in advance!

If you really want to be worry free, I would suggest the goatskin. I have both pepe and goatskin Pandoras and find that the goatskin is much easier to maintain and stress-free. I 've had my goatskin for one year , and has even worn it in the rain ( light rain , not monsoon) , and can safely say that it still looks as good as new. Whereas my pepe leather flecked off a wee bit on the handle within 2 weeks of use ( see photos) . I also find that the pepe is thin right where the handle is stitched to the bag , I find that a bit worrying , and that echoes another user's concern in this forum before. I think the fact that goatskin costs slightly more than the pepe also partly explains the substantiality of the goatskin leather. Good luck deciding!

Attachments

• IMG_3181.JPG
    IMG_3181.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,007
  • IMG_3182.JPG
    IMG_3182.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,019
If you really want to be worry free, I would suggest the goatskin. I have both pepe and goatskin Pandoras and find that the goatskin is much easier to maintain and stress-free. I 've had my goatskin for one year , and has even worn it in the rain ( light rain , not monsoon) , and can safely say that it still looks as good as new. Whereas my pepe leather flecked off a wee bit on the handle within 2 weeks of use ( see photos) . I also find that the pepe is thin right where the handle is stitched to the bag , I find that a bit worrying , and that echoes another user's concern in this forum before. I think the fact that goatskin costs slightly more than the pepe also partly explains the substantiality of the goatskin leather. Good luck deciding!
Many thanks for your reply, very much appreciated! Although I love the edgy looks of the Pepe, I am convinced now that goatskin is the better choice. Did you spray your bag before use? :smile: