People who knows about Chanel double sided classic flap pls come in!

mbai

Oct 25, 2016
Hi all! I recently have been on a hunt of Chanel vintage maxi flap and found one on eBay that's reasonable priced.. when I was checking out the other items this seller has just for fun and discovered that she has 2 double sided classic flap circa 1996. The thing is the chain straps are adjustable. To my knowledge, the chains on these limited edition bags are fixed! It can only wear as shoulder bags. So I messaged the seller and questioned her that. She said some of are adjustable which bring me here to check if there's any vintage experts, are these chains adjustable??

Here's a link of the bag I'm talking about. Thanks!!

Hi all! I recently have been on a hunt of Chanel vintage maxi flap and found one on eBay that's reasonable priced.. when I was checking out the other items this seller has just for fun and discovered that she has 2 double sided classic flap circa 1996. The thing is the chain straps are adjustable. To my knowledge, the chains on these limited edition bags are fixed! It can only wear as shoulder bags. So I messaged the seller and questioned her that. She said some of are adjustable which bring me here to check if there's any vintage experts, are these chains adjustable??

what does double sided mean??
my vintage jumbo is adjustable - i thought most of them were

I was about to buy this bag a couple of years ago and from what I know the chains are not adjustable with this style - they are fixed as you say. I’m not sure but I think I wouldn’t buy it. maybe someone altered the chains...?

I was about to buy this bag a couple of years ago and from what I know the chains are not adjustable with this style - they are fixed as you say. I’m not sure but I think I wouldn’t buy it. maybe someone altered the chains...?
That would be my guess. Now I’m nervous if I can get anything from this seller!

I too have this bag. When I got it I actually removed the chains and added metal loops so that I could add my own chain, because I wanted to wear it crossbody. I am about to put my old original chains back on. Yes I was super careless with my bag and did a DIY with a pair of pliers. Chanel wasn’t as grossly expensive back when I bought that bag as they are now.