People who do not write thank you notes- a bit of a gripe

We had our thank you notes in the mail two months after our wedding
we had the incentive to get them done, because i wouldn't deposti the checks until the thank yous were mailed

what i'm awkward/uncomfortable in terms of thank yous
my mother recently passed and my grandmother is on me that I MUST WRITE THANK YOUS TO PEOPLE

i"M curious to know what other people think since it's not an easy situaiton

Thank-you notes are a perfect excuse to get beautiful stationery, and receiving anything personal or handwritten in the mail is such a treat. That said, we went to quite a few weddings last year and we have yet to receive any sort of thank-you note from the couples. Strangely enough, the checks we gave were cashed within two weeks of their weddings. :weird:

My cousin has been married for 4 years and her little guy will be 3 in Oct., she has yet to write a thank you card for the wedding shower gifts, the wedding gifts and the baby shower gifts. I think it is SOO rude. If someone took time and money out of their day to buy you a gift, you could at least send a thank you card. It is not hard at all. Esp. if you do like 5 a day.

I feel so sad when people do not take the time to thank me when I go to the trouble to do things for them!

Yesterday I got a gift for one of my friends (we've drifted apart over the years but we have a class together and I wanted to get her a gift) and gave it to her in front of one of *her* friends who recently decided that she doesn't like me anymore! (a lot of drama involved here, of course it's not MY fault lol :P) I didn't even get a thank you from my "friend"! just a quiet "oh, okay" and one of those meaningful LOOKS between her and her friend! Urghhh!

I always take to the time to write thank you notes! I love making and decorating them, and especially mailing them, because it is always a treat (for me) to get something via snail mail! :love: I always write thank-you notes for the smallest things... it's not like I expect the same thing in return but still!! geez!!

/rant lol.

yah i understand what you mean. especially if a friend tells you that she is writing thank you notes for all gifts from her wedding, and YOU NEVER RECEIVE ONE. Not even emails anymore. I love writing cards and doing notes... I send random cards to friends, workers, professors, etc because it's fun. *Sigh* People spend less time building relationships now that you can just send a quick AIM, message on myspace, etc. Where's the effort in life?

Wow, it saddens me so much to see how rude and careless the world is becoming :sad: When I get married, I'm sending EVERYONE thank you notes, even if that means I don't get to sleep for months because I have to write them myself day and night :noworry:

Seriously, I think thank-you cards/notes demonstrates that you have respect for the people who showed up and gave you presents. If people made the effort to come and buy you a present, then you should make the effort to thank them for their efforts. It's only a matter of respect.

We do thank you cards in my house. In fact, I ordered my son 100 personalized thank you cards that read "a thank you from Isaiah X", so that we always have them in the house.

I was kind of ticked off that I gave his speech therapist some stationary for the holidays and she didn't even have the decency to send a thank you note! HELLO...the gift was a box of cards...no excuse for that!!