People Magazine Presents: Worst Dresses Of The Year

1. Worst Dresses of the Year

Feathers, puffs, bows – oh my! This year's contenders for the red carpet hall of shame were just too much. By Melissa Liebling-Goldberg

KIRSTEN DUNST

The fashion-forward star took a misguided look back with a vintage gown and flowered headband at the Met Costume Institute Gala in New York City in May.

RINKO KIKUCHI

The Babel actress got tongues wagging with her way-out style, like this puff-laden gown at the Golden Globes in January.

I thought this Chanel Haute Couture was absolutely gorgeous. The thing is, some runway looks don't translate well to the red carpet. Most people didn't get this.

QUEEN LATIFAH

Forget the blonde wig – the normally regal actress missed the mark with this neon chartreuse gown at the L.A. Hairspray premiere in July.

DIANA DEGARMO

Wearing gowns that recall feather dusters isn't going to win this former Idol finalist any votes! What would Simon say?

EMILY MORTIMER

The British actress gets lost in her layers of chiffon and bows at the Met Costume Institute Gala in N.Y.C. in May.

kirsten_dunst1_200.jpg rinko_kikuchi.jpg queen_latifah.jpg diana_degarmo.jpg emily_mortimer.jpg
  2. JANET JACKSON

The singer's menswear-inspired dress at the Billboard Music Awards last December is a real drag – check out those "cuff" bracelets!

janet_jackson.jpg
  3. I sort of like Queen Latifah's dress. Just not her hair. Kirsten looks awful in that blue dress!

4. I admit to kinda digging that peacock-feather dress.

5. I like the dress, Janet is wearing. It looks good on her imo.

6. Maybe it's the picture quality?? but Queen Latifah looks great.

7. dresses are like people, if they please everybody, then they're boring.