People & Handbags

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,
    I'm new here. I don't want to be racist, but I notice race is linked to the handbags people carry, although it's not always the case.
    Louis Vuittons owners are mostly asians (Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese)
    Dooney & Bourke owners are mostly blacks and some Hispanics
    Coach owners are mostly Asians (Chinese, Vietnamese) and some Hispanics
    Prada owners are mostly Koreans
    Juicy Couture owners are mostly white teens to women in their early 20's

Again, I don't want to be racist, but it's what I notice.

2. :confused1:

And your point would be....?

3. Okay.

4. Ummmm... I have never noticed this. I work near and am in St. Louis a lot. Everyone there carries all the bag types...no more than another.

5. and your point is......??:confused1::nuts:

6. this is a really strange thread. I do not agree with it!

7. Who the hell cares..?

8. I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread...I have a feeling it's going to just stir things. Perhaps it should be locked for the sake of people's sanity? Just a thought, please don't hate.

9. :death:

10. Dear nickel_dime,

You may say you do not want to be racist, but to my mind, there is no other way to read your post. Making such judgments as to which ethnicities purchase which lines of goods assumes that there is some inherent element of taste or style particular to an ethnic group. That, my dear, is racism. Even if you don't want it to be.

I am pleased that nobody (so far, at least) seems to be following your logic.

Best wishes -- and now? :back2topic: Let's talk about LOUIS VUITTON!

11. I buy whatever I like and I respect what others buy for themselves. I think enough is already said.

12. I think this thread is silly, and really should not even post a response.

That being said, I will say one thing. In my area you do notice somethings about races. The biggest thing that I have noticed is that an overwhelming amount of young asian women are incredibly stylish :tup:.

If I were to look and see whom carries what around my area though, I would have to say that, aside from Coach, the most common bag is a LV (real....or more often fake). There really does not seem to be a trend of ethnicity to designer goods.

Though, where do I fall into this observation of yours? 26 year old Caucasion male. I like LV, Prada, Gucci, Armani, Hermes, Versace....pretty much all of it.

13. I'm 100% Hispanic and I have nothing but LOUIS VUITTON.

I also live in a city where it is a 65% Hispanic population and I see many carry Louis Vuitton bags.

Maybe your getting your statistics from around where you live? :shrugs:

Either way, race should have nothing to do with handbags ..... whether the person is Black, White, Brown, Green, Pink, Orange or Purple. :biggrin:

14. I kind of got a chuckle out of this one. I have never associated handbags with a person's race. Strange post.

15. Yea, we're not going here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.