Paypal withdrawal question

1. i withdrew money paid to me on 12/19 and the transaction is showing as "completed" on paypal. but the funds have not hit my bank account yet. is this normal? in my experience, it doesn't generally take this long. i am 99.9% confident that the buyer is trustworthy and i don't see a chargeback but you never know.

TIA!

2. Yeah...doesnt it say 3-5 biz days? Depending on what time of day you did the withdraw on the 19th it hasnt even been 2 business days yet. Give it more time. They dont count sat and sun as biz days.

3. thanks. with all the problems i've heard lately, i'm a little jittery.

4. Yes, there is not only a 'paypal' time but also the bank had their own cut off times for deposits. What is the cut off time of your banking institution. My bank's cut off time to show funds is by 6PM, each business day. If funds were transferred but didn't make the 6PM Friday cutoff then these funds will not show up in the account until Monday.

You can check your bank online for 'pending' transactions - that is were these may show up before they are formally available in your account.

5. It takes a few days.

6. thanks for the explanation. should i be worried that it's not showing up at all (not even as pending)?

7. yes ,it is normal usually takes 3-5 days. keep in mind the holidays and all.:smile:

8. Some insitutions will allow you (customers) to view the pending transactions online - its a new thing however not all banks make it available. Another way is to call your customer service rep they should be able to view and identify pending transactions, since they have access to internal bank information.

Since Paypal status shows 'completed" I would not worry. If there was a chargeback, Paypal would have cancelled / STOPPED the delivery of your money while it was in the process, not after it is completed.