PayPal scam!!!! OMG!!!

1. I just received an e-mail notifying me of a transaction that I didn't authorize. In the e-mail, there was a link to click on for disputing the transaction. Guess what? It took me to a non-paypal page that prompted me for my full contact information (name, address, phone#s), credit card info (asked that I use my debit card instead of CC), bank account info, personal info (ss#, card PIN#, mother's maiden name, b-d), and security test. It didn't seem right so I went directly to paypal.com & check out my History, this transaction is not there.
    Has anyone received this type of message before? Where do you forward this e-mail to report this type of scam? TIA

Subject: Your payment has been sent to sales@lwpelectronics.com

PayPal The way to send and receive money

Dear PayPal Member,
    This email confirms that you have paid LWPELECTRONICS (sales@lwpelectronics.com) $474.99 USD using PayPal.
    This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL LWPELECTRONICS*".

------------------------------------------------------------
    PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name: BRAND NEW NOKIA 8800 CELL PHONE
    Quantity: 1

Total: $474.99 USD

Cart Subtotal: $454.99 USD
    Shipping Charge: $20.00 USD
    Cart Total: $474.99 USD

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Shipping Information
    Shipping Info: Bill Chang
    202 N Magnolia Dr.
    Saco, ME 04072
    United States

Address Status: Unconfirmed
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    If you haven't authorized this charge, click the link below to cancel the payment and get a full refund.
    Dispute Transaction
    Confirm refund request

Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team
    Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

PayPal Email ID PP120
    -------------------------------

2. forward to spoof@paypal.com and to spoof@eBay.com

When i get these i delete the and go to paypal.com and eBay in a new browser (not ever using the link in the email) and check my accounts to be sure everything is ok.

Everyone should get in the habit of changing their eBay and paypal account every 30 days.

BTW thanks for the heads up!!

3. I have no idea about the Shipping Information (not mine) in the e-mail!

4. yeap, it's a phishing email. Ignore it, don't enter a thing and forward it to spoof@paypal.com like Bag Fetish suggested.

5. I get those e-mails all the time.

6. I get those too once every so often. Just forward them as suggested. Paypal will take care of the rest.

7. This is my first time getting this type of e-mail from faked paypal. =(
    Before posting here, I actually clicked on the dispute link (provided in the e-mail) and logged in with my Paypal e-mail address and password. Since the sender was service@paypal.com, it didn't occur to me to check the URL address; I really thought someone used my PayPal account to shop! When additional questions were asked (more personal info), I realized how weird it was. Thank goodness. I just changed my PayPal password as well (in case it was stolen when I logged in at the faked site).

Thanks everyone, I forwarded the e-mail to the addresses you provided.

8. wow, they never stop.... i get these emails too once in a while.. after having a very scary experience 2 yrs ago.. i have learned my lesson very very well...now all my accounts are password protected.. such a hassle but a small price to pay for my ....... stupid decision made in the past.. hehe

9. I got one of those a week or so ago. New twist on an old phish.

Same rules apply though: NEVER NEVER NEVER click a link in an email. Go directly to the site, even if you think you are certain it's legit. Saves a lot of grief in the long run.

10. Thank you. =) I learned my lesson, luckily, the price wasn't as expensive. After changing my password, I received this:

Security Advisory: When you log in to your PayPal account, be sure to open up a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL to make sure you are on the real PayPal website.

11. That's good that you didn't enter your info!:yes: I get these all the time. I wish there were internet laws so we could prosecute these people and send them to jail. If someone posed as a trusted institution in person and tried to get your personal info, etc, they'd go to jail. I also made the mistake of falling for one of those e-mails before(Ebay). I entered my password and then when they asked for my SS, CC info, etc, I noticed the page wasn't a real Ebay page and I totally freaked out and closed my browser, erased everything and then opened a new browser and changed my password, etc. These scammers are relentless and they keep getting better and better. I always forward the e-mails to the paypal spoof addy or to Ebay, but they still keep coming.:rant:

12. Same here- I forward them all to ebay or paypal..I don't get them nearly as much as I used to though, thank goodness.

13. I get these constantly for every email address I have, and I get a lot of them from "banks."

14. Whoa, thank for for this warning. I have to admit that I would probably have fallen for it. Now I will be aware :smile:

15. Glad you didn't fall for it bag.lover! I've been getting some sketchy ebay emails and now I feel that I have to change my password for both paypal and ebay every month. It's better to be safe than sorry.