Paypal: Notice of Transaction Review ?????

1. I got this email this morning from paypal re Transaction review. In regard to a brand new Chloe I sold last week and shipped via UPS with insurance, that was due to arrive today. Seller hadn't even received it yet. But, I had already taken the money out of my account and that transaction has cleared, so why under review now? And why would the seller?? She asked specially, that if she bid she could wait a week before paying as she would be out of town, and I agreed. The transaction has been pleasant. And I've not heard from here today and she said she was going away. Am I gonna be out of pocket here??

Email from Paypal:
    We were recently notified that a payment you received was reversed by the buyer’s bank. A bank reversal can be requested by the bank itself or the bank account holder.
    We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until our inquiry is complete.
    We are reviewing the bank reversal and will contact you again via email with information on what to do next. You may be asked to provide additional information about this transaction.
    Thank you for using PayPal!
  2. Hi Carolyn,

If you shipped to the Buyer confirmed address with Paypal and with delivery confirmation and signature required for transaction for $250 and above, you should be protected by Paypal. This was happen to me more than twice, all transaction for over than $250 for Louis Vuitton bags. Call Paypal (do not wait until they send you an e-mail to tell you what to do, etc) and also send e-mail with the delivery confirmation info. This was not a charge back. I won a charge back dispute filed by one of my buyer as well as two of these transaction reviews (bank reversal)
    Good luck.
  3. oh shoot. i wonder if she was overdrawn on her account. i would call pp immediately.
  4. Thank you ladies! I just called pp and talked with the resolution center. Since I shipped to a confirmed addy (with a tracking number ) and insured, I should be covered by sellers protection. Sucks though, buyer seemed pleasant, no negs.
  5. They could have been trying to contact the buyer to confirm she spent the money. Buyer is away so bank authorization did not go through.

I bought something from LVR using my debit card a while ago & the bank wouldn't put it through until I called them - they even froze my checking account.
  6. wow, I have never heard of this. I hope it all works out okay for you!