Payment options (besides paypal)?

1. Does anyone know of other payment services other than paypal? I fear paypal because of all the horror stories of sellers getting their accounts frozen, etc. I've only heard of google checkout but I don't think I can use that to accept payments for an eBay auction. Any advice?
  2. I hear bidpay is pretty good about things. I haven't really tried them yet though
  3. i have heard of bidpay but i don't know much about them perhaps if your the buyer you can ask if u can send a money order?:confused1:
  4. If you recently registered with eBay you may have to accept paypal.

"To keep eBay a safe place for both buyers and sellers, sellers who register after January 17, 2007 are required to offer either PayPal or a merchant account credit card as an accepted payment method for their items."

I am not sure or not if bidpay is acceptable. I have had to pay through bidpay once and it was a real PITA.....rejecting my debit card several times even though there was money in the account.

From what I have heard Paypal will only freeze the account for the amount of money that is being disputed. But I have never had it happen myself so I can't say that it is true.

I have been using paypal over 6yrs now and I have never had a problem.
  5. How do you ladies feel about having to pay paypal fees and ebay fees? IT really takes the joy out of a high priced auction don't you think?
  6. i'm bumping this up because i heard about google checkout yesterday from a few other ladies on this forum, and i just wanted everyone to try it out!!! it's FREE unlike paypal or bidpay. and YES you can use it for ebay transactions, but you just cannot advertise that fact on your listing.

yes, i totally agree.
  7. EBAY can/will do the following if you don't follow their rules...

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions including:
    • Listing cancellation
    • Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
    • Listing cancellation
    • Limits on account privileges
    • Loss of PowerSeller status
    • Account suspension
    Payment Services permitted on eBay:, Bidpay, cash2india, CertaPay,,,,,,,, XOOM
    Payment Services not permitted on eBay:,,,,,, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold,,, EuroGiro,, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay,,,,, Liberty Dollars,,,,,,, paypay, Postepay,,,, stamps, Stormpay,,
  8. There is also auction checkout. I'm not sure how safe it is, but I have used it maybe two times to make payment to a seller. So far, no problems.