Paula, Randy & Ryan Unveil Her New Single

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
FRIDAY JANUARY 18, 2008 02:50 PM EST
By Stephen M. Silverman

A gathering of American Idol regulars took place on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Friday – with one major omission, though he did briefly speak over the phone from England.

Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson were there for the world premiere of Abdul's new single "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow," which will appear on the upcoming album, Randy Jackson’s Music Club, Vol. 1. (Listen to it here.)

Seacrest called it "an historical moment," while Jackson said of the debut, "This is a big moment, dude."

Before unveiling the bouncy number – which listeners called in to say they couldn't wait to dance to – Seacrest played bits of some of Abdul's old songs from the '80s and '90s.

"These used to make me melt," he said, explaining that he heard them when he was with his girlfriend in high school.

Seacrest also joked that Abdul's new song "was inspired by the love these two [Abdul and Jackson] have for each other." He later said that while the song was playing on the air, Abdul walked over in the studio and gave Jackson a hug and then held the embrace for a long time.

"It just seemed the right time," Abdul said of creating the new record, given that her last single was released in 1993. "The timing just came together."

Also on Grammy-winning producer Jackson's album, which will be released March 11, will be Mariah Carey, Joss Stone, Travis Tritt, Richie Sambora, Idol contestants Katharine McPhee and Elliot Yamin.

Boyfriend Carries Purse

During the KIIS visit, much was also made about Abdul's boyfriend, restaurateur J.T. Torregiani, carrying her purse when she arrived for the interview.

Another lengthy conversation was devoted to a photo of the trio's Idol colleague Simon Cowell that appears in Heat, a U.K. publication Seacrest called "a gay magazine." In the shot, according to
their conversation, Cowell is bare-chested and labeled "Torso of the Week."

Getting Cowell on the phone over in England, Seacrest told him that he was missing Abdul's single premiere in L.A. Frankly, Cowell didn't seem to give a damn.

(http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20172619,00.html)

wow, it actually sounds pretty decent. I was watching her show "hey paula" earlier today and i dunno... she seemed just a little crazy! :wacko: I think she was very sleep deprived. :sleepy: My hubby said it's because she's on something :upsidedown: ... lolz, but i refused to believe it. :nogood: She really is sweet on her show.