Patina where art thou?

1. I've been using my Speedy for almost two weeks now and the vachetta is still as white as when I bought it. Argh! :evil: I've been letting it tan in the sun and I even used a blowdryer to heat the vachetta in hopes of getting it a little darker but to no avail.

How long do I have to wait? I'm so impatient. Sorry, just have to vent. :shame:

2. Yikes, I don't know if I'd use a hair dryer on the leather. Couldn't that dry it out?

3. If only I could keep mine white! I adore the light white clean look!! I must have alot of something in my skin but mine turn way too fast for me! I could carry it for you for a few weeks!!! Returned a lovely honey color!

4. i woudln't recommend using a blowdryer on the handles....might not be too good for ur bag :sad2:.......i think it depends on how sunny the whether is and i think it takes awhile for a really noticable patina to develop.....i had an LV for liek 4 months and it still only had a slight patina but since you're tanning yours i guess maybe a week or two more?......but i don't think it'll be the beautiful golden color for awhile

5. Yeah, I don't think the blowdrying thing is good. I'm so desperate.

6. Mine is JUST starting to patina, it's a very pale honey color. FINALLY!
    I think it's been about 4 weeks{?}

7. I can't bear to part with my Speedy, I just :love: her so. Thanks for the offer :biggrin:

8. Yay! Thanks for the info Swankymama. :biggrin: Two weeks and counting...

9. Just be patient. I know it takes a while but it's worth it if you naturally let it happen. Enjoy the white vachetta handles for now. :biggrin:

10. i have used my keepall for one day and the handels and a patina already.

11. Enjoy your bag as it develop the pantina!
    For me, it's like a honey moon period for me and my new bag :smile:
    I started browsing for new bags after my bag dvelops patina....

12. i love watching the progress of the leather. its like a science project haha

13. Just be patient, I have a whole bunch of new bags and there all white as the day I bought them.

14. I know you're one of those people who like the signature patina, but I hate patina, if it were up to me, there would be a spray to stop the process altogether..

15. I was waiting fooooorever for the patina on my Speedy. It never came. I only used it a handful of times before I sold it on the forum. Bah. I probably would've kept it if it came with its own ready-made-patina. I should really looking into a used LV.