patina handles....

1. everyone says something different so I wanted to hear what you guys have to say about it.

Should the Handles and bottom of the LV be treated? And is there any way to clean up the handles any if they look dirty rather than just a normal patina?

thank you for your help!

2. Many members here say the Mr Clean MagicEraser works really well getting off dirt from the handles. I'm not sure what you mean about treating the handles and bottoml...

3. Try not to do anything to the handles is what the SAs told me. You can also ask them how to clean the handles when it starts to look dirty. Some have use magic eraser to clean the handles and it worked. It will leave the handles a bit dry so they apply a little bit of leather conditioner and it's good to go.

4. Just wanted to let people know that I actually used the ME an my MC alma handles. They were just a little more darkened on the underside, than on top and it bothered me. Well, while the handles look cleaner, it definitely is very flat looking, like the shine is out of them. It is dry. I tried to spot test with coach leather conditioner to see if it would help moisturize, but it left a darkened spot after drying. I will not try to moisturize the rest of the handles. I'm just going to leave them alone now and let them wear til I need to replace them. Just a word of caution about the ME on vachetta.

5. Yup, the same thing happened to me. I used the ME on my speedy handles and even though it removed some of the dirt, it left the leather very flat and dry looking. Luckily, since my handles were already a deep patina, I was able to use the coach conditioner without making much of a difference in the color. I would caution against using the ME on light vachetta.