Patent leather question....

Hello!

I have a query. I tried the search function but came up with nothing....so here goes. I noticed that the 08 patent bags tend to lose their "puffiness" although they are brand new.

Is this due to a softer patent leather used previously or does patent depress? I just bought 2 jumbos, an 08 Bordeaux and the Navy from current season. The Bordeaux has depressed quilts whereas the Navy is puffy and firmer - will this change?

TIA!

This might sound a little ignorant, but what exactly does color transfer mean when it comes to patent leather? For regular leather, I would think that color from your jeans would rub onto the leather, but for patent, isn't there some sort of protective layer protecting the leather underneath?

This might sound a little ignorant, but what exactly does color transfer mean when it comes to patent leather? For regular leather, I would think that color from your jeans would rub onto the leather, but for patent, isn't there some sort of protective layer protecting the leather underneath?

With white and light colored patent leather dark colors can stain the purse. I don't have a photo but when it happens it appears that the stain is under the shininess. Its very odd and I'm not sure why it happens but I would be wary of light patent leather, because once the stain is there it can be removed.

do any of your ladies know which conditioner i can put on my patent leather straps because they make too much noise right now....it is brand new, but i cannot stand teh noise. some say apply, some say luvinmybags...im just so confused!

With white and light colored patent leather dark colors can stain the purse. I don't have a photo but when it happens it appears that the stain is under the shininess. Its very odd and I'm not sure why it happens but I would be wary of light patent leather, because once the stain is there it can be removed.

Wow, I had no idea that would happen. Patent always appeared to be bulletproof compared to all the other leathers. Thanks for the clarification!

i had lotion on my hands and accidentally picked up my patent flap :sad: and know it's all greasy looking.. grrrrr. can i use baby wipes to wipe it off?? or would that be bad?? what should i do??

Hi all!

i just got my patent reissue this month! :love: wasn't intending on getting the patent, but it seems the 225 size only came in patent for the stores i went. After much trawling on the net, i thk mine is crackled patent.

i've noticed some creases on the flap tdy, probably when i was opening the flap whilst slinging it cross body. it kind of bothers me, but its not really noticeable unless u're looking for it.

One question - is there a different between normal patent and crackled patent? or does it just look different, and are essentially the same? i suppose just wiping it down after use would be sufficient??

Many many thanks in advance! and apologies if it has been asked before :balloon: