Patent Leather Bags - Am I in the Minority??

I HATE the stereotypical shiny black patent leather bags. Reminds me too much of mary-janes I guess. I also think it looks cheap. I find, however, I like the more distressed look patents in colors other than black.. They don't have that plastic-y look.

Can't be BLACK patent (even the distressed kind) tho for me. It's a mental block.:shrugs:

I used to hate patent bags as well till I bought my first Ignes bag which uses excellent quality patent. Here are some pictures. Not the best but I suck at taking pics:
ignes1.jpg

MiniSofiaEYInside.jpg

MiniSofiaEYOutside.jpg

I really do love it as my first ever patent bag and plan to buy more patent bags from Ignes. The patent is as soft and pliable as patent can be and doesn't smudge easy and is sooo easy to take care of. Definitely not cheap looking or hyper shiny at all.

I adore patent leather, has to be actual leather though. But I can see why people would dislike it - forced to wear it in childhood, too shiny, picks up fingerprints. But I loooove shiny. It's a great bit of sparkle for an outfit and holds up very well. I have old patent bags from my grandmother and they still look good.

I'm not a huge fan of patent leather. I find that I definitely avoid completely patent leather bags, though I've found a cute that had a mixture of leather and patent leather that weren't as bad. In my opinion, there is such a thing as too much patent leather, especially as the purses get larger.

i own SO many pairs of patent leather heels- i own more of them than i do matte. as far as bags go, it has to be the absolute right style though.

Same here!! Some patent leather bags just look :sick: but then some of them look really nice. I bought my first patent leather bag last night. It hasn't come yet but I think I will like it...its different. Tried to post picture but its not working

Patent in small doses is great, IMHO. Something like a little patent wristlet or a clutch would be perfect for a dinner out. But what I really love, when it comes to patent leather, is red boots!

I thought I already replied to this one..

I have a patent bag and Im on the search for another one!

I have the bag below, and i'd like to have the Coach brown patent ergo, and red patent bag to match some shoes i have...

I :heart: patent!!!!

Attachments

• _5501411.jpg
    _5501411.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 34