Pasta from scratch?

1. I was just wondering if anyone makes their own pasta and if so could you please share some recipes? :flowers:

I bought a pasta machine (not an automatic one, the stainless steel manual kind) and I'm looking for some ideas. TIA! :heart:

2. Are you after a specific type? A lot of people like to make whole wheat pasta, or spinach pasta (and many other types) or just standard? I make pasta at home a few times a week. It's become addictive.

3. I think just standard to start... I'd like a basic egg-y pasta dough I can use for lasagna sheets, fettuccine and maybe ravioli. I can't seem to find recipes anywhere online :shrugs:

Thanks for the reply! Do you have a cookbook you use?

4. here is my recipe:

Make a big pile of flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle of the flour. Crack an egg into a bowl and add a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt. beat the egg a little. Pour the egg mixture into the well. Then you just swirl the egg mixture around until eventually is has incorporated enough of the flour to not be super-sticky (I usually do this with a fork). This part takes a long time because you are just using the motion with the fork to swirl the egg, you are not really mixing the egg with the flour. If you try and go fast, it will get very lumpy. There will probably be some lumps, but these will work themselves out eventually. Once the dough is not sticky enough that you can handle it, you just run it through the pasta machine and coat both sides with flour each time. Fold it into thirds, run it through the pasta machine again, coat with flour. Repeat ad nauseum. Do this until the pasta feels like your earlobe. BTW, this part should be done on the widest setting of your pasta maker. Once it feels like an earlobe, you thin it out by changing the thickness, one setting at a time, until it is the thickness you want (usually on mine this is the thinnest or second-thinnest setting). Then you can cut it and let it dry a bit (be careful as it can still stick together). Boil in salted water for probably like 3-4 minutes or "al dente".

Hope that helps!

5. I'll try that! Thank you :flowers: