...Paris Hilton Suing Hallmark...

1. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Paris Hilton has filed a federal lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Los Angeles alleging that Hallmark has, among other transgressions, misappropriated her image and invaded her privacy with the cards, which are still on sale. Hilton is seeking $500,000 in actual damages and a permanent injunction barring Hallmark from further exploitation of her name and likeness.
    When I first heard Paris was going to sue Hallmark I thought she was just being a b*tch but after looking at the cards, I think Paris has a really good case here.
    What do you think?

2. I'm no Paris fan but I think Hallmark stepped way over the line.

3. I dislike Paris Hilton very much, but man those cards are crazy. There is no respect at all. As much as we want to make fun of her she really does not deserve to be treated like that. No one does actually, Its just my opinion.

4. It is only OK when Paris herself exploits her own name and likeness, I guess....I think she should just get over herself.

5. Um, those cards could have been a LOT meaner, considering who the subject is.

The cards seem like satire to me. paris is known to say "that's hot" and she's known to have served time in prison.

If they are found to be satire than paris doesn't have a case.

If she trademarked "That's hot" I guess the only thing she could go for is copyright infringement.

(Does anyone else think Card paris looks prettier than real life paris?)

6. I think Paris has a point..

7. I agree with Paris on this... I can't believe Hallmark would do such a thing, I thought they had more class than this.

8. Hallmark does this to everyone...I guess people have forgotten that certain presidents and presidential candidates have been on cards with much worse jokes than this and no one seems to care about those. They think they're hilarious.
    But of course when it's Paris...:rolleyes:

9. I think this will be settled if Hallmark just gives her commission on those cards cause that's what is really wanted anyway. Money. I don't think her caring about her image is the case for the lawsuit I mean come on, look at how she became "famous".

10. It will be an interesting case. Hallmark certainly has a case for satire and parody, but that first card that actually uses her picture is really pushing the envelope.

11. :yes:

12. More like infamous.

13. That's funny i was thinking of writing infamous, but split second decided not to.

14. i think they're funny, and not mean at all. I mean, they're true? She says "That's hot", even tried to copyright the saying which is ridiculous, and she was in jail. She's not the first person to be made fun of on a card.

Wouldn't it set kind of a crazy precedent if she won the case?