Paris Hilton Stops Wearing "Disgusting" Fur

1. it is!but i think everybody knows how those animals are treated and there's no need of being shown a video to understand that's completely wrong....
    sorry i'm not a big fan of paris!
  2. [​IMG]
  3. alot of celebrities doesnt care if they love fur or not... also, look at giselle and she have alot of fur coats like probably 200!
  4. I've said it before and I'll say it again, PETA people are NUTS! I don't think it's completely necessary to go to extremes they do to get the message across! I am not a huge fan of fur but will never agree with PETA's tactics.:hrmm:
  5. PETA does tend to go overboard....and I wonder if the members of that group really follow all the stuff they preach. Fine, they don't wear fur, but what about their shoes? Are they leather? Do they eat jello and gummy bears? Gellatin is made of animal parts.....
  6. Are you kidding???????!!!!!!! Ew!
  7. Of course many of them don't practice what they preach. Heck, two members of PETA were charged with animal cruelty:

All this propaganda about animal used in the fur trade is just that. If those animal were treated so horribly, their coats wouldn't be usable for making fur garments. Have you ever seen the fur of a sick, mistreated animal? It's not attractive at all.
  8. No, I am not kidding about gelatin!

This is from wikipedia:

"On a commercial scale, gelatin is made from by-products of the meat and leather industry, mainly pork skins, pork and cattle bones, or split cattle hides. Contrary to popular belief, horns and hooves are not commonly used. The raw materials are prepared by different curing, acid, and alkali processes which are employed to extract the dried collagen hydrolysate and which may take several weeks. The worldwide production amounts to 250,000 tons per year. (roughly 500 million lbs)
    As for home cooking, boiling certain cartilagenous cuts of meat, or bones, will result in gelatin being dissolved into the water. Depending on the concentration, the resulting broth, when cooled, will naturally form a jelly. This process may for instance be used for the pot-au-feu dish."
  9. i knew that jello was made of animals bones and stuff but so is gummy bears?!?!?! ahhhhhhh. i hate the PETA people, they always go totally overboard and show disgusting, horrifying videos on how animals are killed and i think it's way over the line. they don't have to show that to make everyone go vegan and fur-free.
  10. didn't paris like do something like this a few years ago? i thought she was all for the animals and against fur, then changed her mind and started wearing fur again.
  11. Thats nice.. Well I honestly I don't care. I mean people have been wearing fur since prehistoric times. I wear real fur. Shoot me, PETA.
  12. I dont think that people understand that these animals are grown for their fur AND MEAT. I am one of the few people that are pro fur, (within reason of course) you can buy leather very easily and that is NEVER EVER disputed, and alot of people eat meat, you can buy exoctic furs and leathers as much as you can buy exotic meats, you would have to be very cruel and its illegal to hurt and animal to death purely for their fur, leathers and exotic furs need to be certified to be used by proper companys, hence they are given tranquilizers or similar , later in teh time it take for the tranqulizer to wear off the meat is also sold to butcher where it is readily avaliable to the public. I dont believe in killing animals facing exticition, thats jsut not right, but here in australia (and in the US) Rabbits are pests, farmers go out and shoot 20 or more in a day and leave the carcasses to rot, this isnt monitored in australia (i dont know it its illegal or not scince its a pest) in the Us it is the same thing with foxes also, why not use their fur and meat and put it to good use? people are dying in 3rd world countries, this meat could benifit them. and i hate PETA they are too extreme and what gives them the rights to humiliate and spray paint people who chosse to wear fur? they paid for it and its their porogative to wear it. I acctually downt own any exotic furs only calf and cow leather items but i will surely in the future buy crocodile or snakeskin becuase i love it! these animals are not tortured and are grown on farms similar to slaghter houses i think if all the parts of the animal are used then their really should be a problem, should they throw away the furs after killing the animals for meat?
  13. I'm not a huge fan of their tactics either, but I guess the scare factor works... who wants to be pelted with flour or have a pie shoved in their face? certainly not me.