Paris Fashion Week -- Is it impossible to get into a show?

1. I am going to be in Paris during Fashion Week this October... I am wondering how I can take part in or participate in or witness something fashion-fabulous! Is it impossible to get into a show without being a celeb or an editor? How do I get the most out of the week?

Thanks in advance!

2. I am showing during the week. You can come to my little showroom! As for runway shows, if you pm me, I might be able to help you out, let me know who you want to see.

3. Omigosh that is so cool, Jennifer! Do you have a handbag line? If so, we'd love to see them :smile:

4. Usually it is very hard to get in unless you know someone or are a VIP.

5. Very true!

But if you want to go to parties, I can send you a list. :smile:

6. You may want to go to this too:

Balenciaga Paris

Beginning July 6, the first retrospective in Paris of master couturier Cristóbal Balenciaga—the "monk," as he was called, for his vow of seclusion from the media—goes on view at the Louvre's Museum of Fashion and Textiles, following a gala dinner on July 4, hosted by Nicolas Ghesquière.

The whopping 170 pieces—many of them fully accessorized with hats and jewelry—of "Balenciaga Paris" will chart the Spanish couturier's unparalleled career, from his early "infanta" dresses to his pre-mod mod style that paved the way for the youth-centric fashion that soon followed and clearly influenced the collections of former apprentices André Courrèges and Emanuel Ungaro. But it was his extreme unfussiness that will be his lasting legacy. As the show's curator, Pamela Golbin, tells us, "If Charles Frederick Worth launched haute couture in 1868, it was Cristóbal Balenciaga who found its purest form one hundred years later." The exhibition ends with signature looks by Ghesquière, who created his own mannequins, housed in futuristic displays by Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster, longtime collaborator on Balenciaga boutiques.

Through January 2007, 107 rue de Rivoli, 75001.

7. oui:yes:

8. Hi, yes, I am showing a clothing line for the lable "Odilia" during fashion week, but I also design for my own line, and Vivian Mendal in NY (crocodile handbags) I am planning to do a show during the PF meetup in NY in August, hopefully that works out!:yes: will you be coming for fashion week?

9. are you in Paris as well, Sonya?

10. No, unfortunately.

Is there a website for Odilia? I love finding new designers/fashion houses.

I saw a picture of one of the Vivian Mendal croc purses in tPF. Gorgeous! Would love to see more. :biggrin:

11. No, there is no website for the line yet, as we are still preparing the first colleciton to show in October! I am about to be as busy as a bee! Wait, I already am! But it is a very good thing!

My collection for Vivian Mendal will be up in a week or two, I will make a big fuss when that happens! It has been quite an ongoing labour of love!

12. Jennifer - how did you get started? Did you go to design school first, or apprentice? How interesting. I sent you a message about loving any help you could give me to get into any shows. And thanks Sonya for that exibit tip-- that is a must see. I also messaged you about parties.

13. And what PF get together? Did I miss something?

14. Jennifer, good luck for fashion week, would love to see your designs but im way across the globe!

15. Hey there Art of Acquisition...:flowers: