Paris-Biarritz line is made of waterproof canvas or alligator, Chanel says

1. I called the 1-800 Chanel number and spoke to a representative about the Paris-Biarritz line. She said that the bags are made of "waterproof canvas" (not leather) or alligator.

Then I specifically asked about these item numbers from the pics that Jill had posted earlier:

TOTES--A34210, A34211
    SHOULDER BAGS/HOBOS--A34205, A34206, A34207

The Chanel rep said that they are all made of waterproof canvas, except for the one that comes in an alligator version.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In addition, this is what another member, PennyD2911, wrote in another thread: "My S/A called from the Bellagio this evening to tell me the first Paris-Biarritz tote had arrived.... He explained the tote is rather large and the canvas is done in such a way as to look like leather. He thought it was leather until he touched it."

PB 1 from Jill.jpg PB 2 from Jill.jpg
  2. I think this explains why the line is relatively "inexpensive" by Chanel standards.

3. Thanks for the heads up!!

4. ^There seems to be some confusion.

5. Agree, speaking of a Chanel handbag $1475.00 is inexpensive. Speaking of a canvas bag, $1475.00 is very expensive. Buying canvas versus leather for $1475.00 is something that others may not be able to reconcile to. For me I was OK with the canvas and liked the look of the bag and wanted to add it to my Chanel collection. Besides the only LV bag I ever purchased was made of canvas. Yes, I do believe there was some confusion over the materials used in this bag, thanks for the post.

6. Thanks for clarifying this for us Cosmo! I was really confused about this too.

7. Hmmm... I still think they look really nice, but yes, now the price makes sense. I'm bummed they won't be available in leather.

8. I never thought I would fall in love with a canvas bag... but this one is gorgeous.

9. I saw the first bag in bronze at the boutique and it is BEAUTIFUL!

10. I was a the NM trunk show in Chicago yesterday and got to see and feel the Paris-Biarritz bags. Yes they are treated canvas and if I had to compare them to a bag I would say they are similar to the the LV monogram but softer. Seems very durable.

11. Thanks for the info!

12. FYI - the alligator version according to my S/A - $43000.00 USD:wtf:

13. Cosmopolitan... thanks for the info!