PANIC: Apple Garde!

I've read about this happening. I'm sooooo sorry. I hope it all works out. As others have stated, maybe just a few more days of drying. Did you try shining monkey? I used it and had no problems.

boxyandme said:
I've read about this happening. I'm sooooo sorry. I hope it all works out. As others have stated, maybe just a few more days of drying. Did you try shining monkey? I used it and had no problems.

i used shining monkey on my other bags and had no problems

but then i decided to try apple garde, and i know now that i prefer shining monkey because it dried really fast :sad:

I totally understand your concern! I don't know what to tell you to help you b/c I wouldn't know what to do either. I would also be extremely bothered by the color disparity of the leather part attached to the bag. I hope it fades after another day or so:sad:

Okay, I know you're freaked out, but I think it's gonna be okay!
Since the tab parts are perfectly flat, I think they "grab" more of the spray than the handles which are curvy. I think that with a few more days of drying, everything will be fine. I have sprayed 2 of my virgin bags with Applegarde, each time they dried to the same pale state as before. So don't lose hope!

Just let it be. If you do something to it now, it might get worse. Let the patina set in over time and it will make everything even. Sorry that this happened.

This happened to my Mono Speedy too. I used Applegarde and now, I'm stuck w/ a bag w/ uneven patina. I bought mine brand new, btw. I don't recommend it.

I love Wilson's and Shining Monkey. You should try it!

i used shining monkey on my other bags and had no problems

but then i decided to try apple garde, and i know now that i prefer shining monkey because it dried really fast :sad:

it will develop patina by itself all over the leather in the next few months and then it wont be noticable. :smile: so, just carry it like it's fine, without any cares, and in 3-5 months, you'll have a nice patina and no weird spots!

satine112 said:
it will develop patina by itself all over the leather in the next few months and then it wont be noticable. :smile: so, just carry it like it's fine, without any cares, and in 3-5 months, you'll have a nice patina and no weird spots!

That is true :yes: